UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Please Help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

annette

Update, after my husband went down to the head man at Gentoo the bathroom has been rectified, they sent the same young lad out with his boss to look at the work and agreed it was CRAP, they were going to let the lad do it again until I told them I did not want him doing it. Another lad came out and he's done a really good job, he took all the tiles off the 3 walls and replaced them, he didn't use any primer on the plyboard. my husband asked him why he was just using adhesive again on the wood and he said that the new stuff he was using was meant for it, he used ardex D20 on the plyboard. The downstairs toilet basin is still the same, I know the plumber did look at it with the foreman but they said nothing to me about a fix, if they don't do it after completion we will be back on to them. I would like to thank you all for your help and I hope you all have a lovely christmas.

Annette

S

STINGRAY30

HEY ANNETTE. JUST AFTER LOOKING AT THE PLUMBING WORK IN YOUR HOME. IVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

JOINED THIS SITE AS A NEW TILER AND AM LOOKING TO TILE MY BATHROOM AND DOWNSTAIRS TOILET.

BUT LIKE YOU I BOUGHT MY HOUSE AFTER THE COUNCIL HAD DONE THE REFURBISHMENTS AND THE PLUMBING IS A JOKE!!!!!!

PIPES STICKING OUT WHERE THEY SHOULD OF BEEN HIDDEN!!!!

TYPICAL OF ALL COUNCILS, DOING THE QUICKEST JOB JUST TO GET FINISHED EVEN THOUGH IT LOOKS A MESS!!

AM FEELING YOUR SAME PAIN!!!:incazzato:

C

cornish_crofter

With shrinking LA budgets this is going to get worse before it gets better IMO.

It's not difficult to do the job properly. The problem is that people don't know how to do it properly so they just make do.

A relative knows a plumber who put his workmates to shame over the quality of his work. So they fiddled with his work when he wasn't there to bring it down to their level. I've never met him but I have seen his work and can't fault it.

It just so happened that he was a Pakistani, so his legal advisor suggested he played the racial discrimination card to put a stop to it, although he knew it wasn't racial discrimination.

A solicitors letter to the local council put an immediate stop to it.

In his own words "I didn't like playing the racial discrimination card but it worked".

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Please Help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.