Discuss plumber tiling a kitchen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

no the plumber would not give her a quote but it alsoturns out he is a frind of a friend and he tiled her bathroom. the tiles were 4inch ceramic with a 2 inch mosaic border with a feature of mosaics going from hob to hood nothing majorly hard wish i could get £30.00 per m2

She must have been happy with his previous work!

I wouldn't get involved - especially for £20 - (drive to the job/measure up/talk/drive home/type up estimate/postage - minimum of 2hours work + petrol:thumbsdown:)

I'd speak to the plumber and offer to do his tiling on a sub contract basis, so you both make money and the customer gets the job done in an appropriate time span.

M

mikethetile

this is the problem with charging by the hour, if he charges 20 an hr plus 9 an hr for unskilled oppo and she agrees to this then theres not a lot she can do now, unless the work is poor or the charge is ridiculous then thats it, if she refuses he will sue her

I dont charge by the day or the hour, I charge on the value of the job , regardless of time taken

I would be looking to charge £25 an hour consultancy fee for site visits and reports and I would want it now not when she loses in court

Reply to plumber tiling a kitchen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hello, I am hoping to find someone to come do some tiling for me in my kitchen. I've posted on...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
I
I went to look at a floor that had failed a couple of days ago and of the 60 m2, not much of it...
Replies
Views
I
Hello all. Hope all ok. Last Friday I went to look on job. And it is a 10 mm limestone 30 sq m...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone. Been meaning to do this for ages so, eventually, here we go. I'd done the odd bit...
Replies
Views
foggy34
F
P
Here is my all to common rant of the week before I go on my holiday tomorrow. I am a woman, its...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
plumber tiling a kitchen
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.