Discuss Poor experience with BuyBrandTools :-( in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pipanderson

Hi all,

Although I'm new to this particular industry, customer service has always been a very important issue to me, hence the reason for wanting to share my recent experience with BuyBrandTools, as they do offer quality equipment and clothing for the tiling industry, and their website is very appealing. (No doubt if this is the wrong place for this post, someone will move it!!)

So, decided to treat myself to some Panoply double-zip overalls and, going by the size chart on the site, ordered a small set, as I have been a 40" chest for around 20 years so know my own size quite well! Wanted them for my course so paid extra for next day delivery. They arrived and to my surprise, could hardly get in to them! Couldn't actually zip them up! When I checked the size chart on the packet, the small size was actually 34"-37" - quite a difference!

So, emailed BuyBrandTools the very next day (twice) to tell them that their size chart is wrong and that I need to exchange the overalls for a large. Amazingly, the reply I received from their 'Customer Service Manager' insisted that the Panoply sizes on the packet are inaccurate! (So why did I have to exchange them for 2 sizes up?!!). But, they would exchange them of course, as long as I send them back to them.

So, for another £5 delivery, I sent the overalls back and did they send the replacement by next day delivery, as I'd originally paid for? Of course not! No apology or even acknowledgment that their 'made up' sizes are wrong! Since then, I have checked other companies that stock the same overalls and they seem to quite happily go by the sizes featured on the packet! (And the replacement Large size fits perfectly!)

Now, you might think this is a minor matter and I'm fussing about nothing (?), but thought it was worth a mention, as this level of arrogance and poor service could become a real issue if more expensive equipment is involved. I'm just amazed that the only response they are willing to give, is that the manufacturer, and me, are wrong and that their 'made up' sizes are right - even though I had to exchange them!! Bizarre! :mad2: Maybe it's just me?

Anyone else had experience with them and apologies for dragging out what should be quite a simple story!!

Philip

D

Deleted member 1779

As a production factory we actually supply BuyBrandTools with our product (We produce diamond core drills) and I know that if there was an issue with a customer of BBT that they would contact us as a manufacturer to help them resolve it. I expect they are doing the same with your double-zip overalls manufacturer.

I'll make a note of this one and when I talk to them next just make sure that they are doing everything they can to ensure (as we call it in the industry) "Customer Delight".

I am sure they are and as Dan says above maybe give the benefit of the doubt but I do agree sometime if you feel you have not been treated well then it can leave a bitter taste. As a manufacturer we have had to take our fair share of complaints and we ALWAYS go the extra mile to make sure both customer and retailer are happy.

For example the other day our reseller Orbital Fastners in Watford had to wait a bit longer for stock because I missed the fax order ! So we provided their complaining customer with the stock item for free. And we sent the Buyer a box of Thorntons Chocolates. From a manufacturing company and in this climate and with VAT rising to 20% next year you can not afford to lose any customers.

packingline1.jpg

Keep those production presses rolling. In this climate and with VAT rising to 20% a factory
does NOT want to loose customers or retailers.

But as I said next time I am speaking to BBT I will just mention this to them.

P

pipanderson

Hi Richard,
Many thanks for your reply - much appreciated and I think you've hit the nail on the head. For me, it's more about how they've gone about making it alright, and in my mind, they haven't really bothered. Perhaps a one-man band isn't who they're looking for?
The odd thing is that, if they hadn't bothered making up their own sizes and I still would have had to exchange them, all they have to say is, "no problem, we'll let the manufacturer know but in the meantime we'll be happy to exchange them if you send them back". And that would have come across as brilliant service! And it wouldn't have bothered me paying for additional postage (in fact, I would have expected to pay their additional postage to send out the second pair!!!) However, what they've done is taken full responsibility for the sizing, rather than the manufacturer. And I'm afraid you can't do that unless your willing to admit that sometimes you're gonna get it wrong.
Sadly, the response to the issue being "sorry, you're wrong, we're still right" does leave a bitter taste and means that as a new tiler entering the industry I will not be using them again. And for me, it's not just about price. I will gladly pay slightly more if the service is better and I'm sure others will to.
I think the story you mentioned is a perfect example of the extra effort we ALL have to make to hang on to our precious customers and keep those referrals positive.

Philip

B

BuyBrand

Thanks for your feedback Philip. As you mentioned, we have exchanged your overalls for the larger size and we are sorry for the inconvenience of you having to return them.

The sizes shown on the packet are inaccurate so we normally place a sticker on the packaging, which gives the accurate sizing information.

We believe the sizes on the packaging to be inaccurate because when we used to advertise those sizes on the website we used to get a high proportion of returns. In the interests of good customer service, we took the time to measure the different sizes of the workwear and then use those sizes on our website. Since then we have received very few returns. Unfortunately your overalls didn’t fit – this can happen when buying clothing online – so we exchanged them for you.

The exchange was done in a timely manner – we received your returned item on 18th November and sent out the replacement overalls the next day, which you received the following working day.

Many members on here can attest to the quality customer service that we strive to provide and this is supported by our nearly 8,000 positive eBay feedback and top rated seller status.

Thanks - BuyBrandTools

Reply to Poor experience with BuyBrandTools :-( in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Bedrock Tiles are proud to announce some seriously climate, complimenting news that we have...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi I started the year determined to make a start on changing career so I went on a short tiling...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, I'm hoping you can give me an opinion on the quality of this work as I'm having a bit...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Poor experience with BuyBrandTools :-(
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.