Discuss Would you consider this quality work? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Terry the tiler

can I ask how you clean your tiles, mop and bucket? Steam cleaner?

if the tiles had failed and grout cracked cleaning water could be the cause of the damp under some tiles, leading to adhesive breakdown.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Has water managed to get into the grout and adhesive from above?
Cleaning/dog water bowl???
This thread really does get you thinking tho. Serious responsibilitys we have.

T

Terry the tiler

can I ask how you clean your tiles, mop and bucket? Steam cleaner?

if the tiles had failed and grout cracked cleaning water could be the cause of the damp under some tiles, leading to adhesive breakdown.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Has water managed to get into the grout and adhesive from above?
Cleaning/dog water bowl???
This thread really does get you thinking tho. Serious responsibilitys we have.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Just had the same problem on a anayldrite screed.
The front door was leaking for 2years since I laid the floors (over 100m2) about 2m2 became lose and grout cracked.
Me and the owner lifted tiles , tiles came away clean, I'd back buttered , back buttering was still on tile and addy on the floor.
Addy was dusty and damp.
Looking at your bifolds and outside , could water be penetrating under the sill ?

I

Italy

Hi Antonio,

I think it's Bs (British standards) in the U.K. I'm not sure if uni is the same?
then, I am informed.
UNI are Italian standards, written in collaboration with ASSOPOSA.
ASSOPOSA is like TTA English.
TTA and ASSOPOSA are members of the EUF, federation associations tile installers. therefore, it should be the same. there may be slight variations, for example in the laying out of wood, or on substrates anhydride, which here are almost nonexistent. I think

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Just had the same problem on a anayldrite screed.
The front door was leaking for 2years since I laid the floors (over 100m2) about 2m2 became lose and grout cracked.
Me and the owner lifted tiles , tiles came away clean, I'd back buttered , back buttering was still on tile and addy on the floor.
Addy was dusty and damp.
Looking at your bifolds and outside , could water be penetrating under the sill ?

How has this gone ? did u check bifold ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Would you consider this quality work? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB