Discuss poor quality mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

It is nice to work with mosaics that just lay perfect, but this is not the norm.
Typically they need some tweeking to get them right.
It is handy that those particular mosaics will have the mesh soften when laid into the mortar.

Just did a lot of mosaic over the holidays and a sheet would often have a twisted piece that needed the lugs (not mesh but poly bonded lugs) cut to set it straight or a chipped one, or a casting defect, etc.
It was annoying, but needed to be done.
All the more challenging as the floor was graded to multiple drains and one doesn't want snakey groutlines over the long runs.
yes same as mate the pool i did in north yorkshire was the same you have to cut every one with a very sharp craft knife and it's a real pain, but we charge a bit more to reflect that!!:thumbsup:

Reply to poor quality mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I fixed some mosaic the other day, long, thin strips in a 300x300 mesh cut in to two, and used...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
poor quality mosaic
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.