Discuss Problems accessing TF tonight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
We're not too sure at the moment. A couple of possibilities but I think that it would have started of being related to the LINX (london internet exchange) issues that they've had. But then that must have had a knock on effect with other related things like the routing, caching and loading of old cache's.

It appeared to affect the design, and knowing nothing had changed either time since it stopped working for some, and then when it came back, it suggests the problem was routing/cache related.

Computers are strange things alone, but a whole internet of servers, routers and then personal computers loading it all, can seriously be an uninteresting troubleshooting mission when things go wrong. Has to be done though lol - booooo.

I'll report back if/when I find out what it was. If it had gone on past the next few hours you would have all gotten an email from us, however as it only affected a few, and didn't seem to continue, I thought we'd hang on until we knew more before alarming everybody.

A

Aston

i had the same problem as liz....i could see the adverts down the left hand side bit the rest of the screen was blue.

to make matters worse, my other laptop broke last week, had it repaired yesterday, lost all my files!!!! i'd backed up about 3/4's of my pics, docs etc but lost the rest.....now my repaired laptop, cant get on this site now...when i visit, a banner pops up with a 'electronic clunking sound' saying internet explorer cant access this site?? it just wont have it....so when i the site was down, i thought thats the end of aston on here..dont cheer to loudly lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
All okay now though, right?

LINX quickly had the issue fixed, and I can only assume local DNS cache's had saved a version of the websites you had issues with, and that your computers were actually loading a cached version of the site from when it didn't load. Took an hour or so to sort out. Last time it was days if I remember rightly.

If anybody have computers that are still not loading websites properly then clear your DNS cache, instructions can be found here: clear dns cache - Google Search
(I've linked to those instructions rather than typing them as you do it a slightly different way depending on your version of windows - change the search to match your windows version if you can't see anything obvious on the first page)

Reply to Problems accessing TF tonight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
W
I had a job booked to retile 19m of kitchen floor where the house had apperently had a little...
Replies
Views
wayfoward
W
J
Hi all, Just had the bathroom floor tiled - well almost , the builder walked off after a...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Problems accessing TF tonight
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.