UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss problems with 600x600 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

newmantiling

hi there fellow tilers i tiled the ground floor of a house with 600x600 polished porcelin tiles.the screed was sand cement with underfloor heating the floor was primed and tiled with nanolight white with no expanshion joints the job was done 3years ago .now for the problem.the tiles are starting to debond and come loose.the adesive has bonded to the floor but not the tile.l have been a tiler for 17 years so i have not done anything silly please help

largest area 7mx4m but total area about100m ufh was up and going

:welcome:Are the majority of lifting tiles in the 7 x 4 area? if so then Daves right too much stress and not enough room to expand. Skimmed on the back of the tiles could of helped prevent it. But that large area really needs to have an expansion joint. Did you grout the perimeters or silicone?

Reply to problems with 600x600 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, We will be tiling our ground floor which is screed with no underfloor heating. The area...
Replies
Views
I got 100 square metres of tiles laid 18months ago. after 7 months i noticed tiles starting to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.