UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss problems with 600x600 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

l did recomend them but owners declined

The owner has employed you to fix the tiles ,and should of been guided by you ,lack of expansion joints is part of the problem , unless you have it in writing that the expansion joints were not allowed by owner you may have to wear this one '

Sorry if i come across a bit blunt but expansion joints are not optional

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deankyall

just a little addition to this,
at a fairly recent adhesive companys trade evening,when asked by quite a few tilers about polished porcelain tiles debonding from adhesive,their answer was ,that the companies know that a problem exists with adhesive not acheiving a strong bond with the tiles ,due to the density of the porcelain,and the fact that the adhesive bonds to the primary surface ,ie the screed,so when you lift it wet,it seems fine ,next day lift it and tile is clean,as the screed has sucked in the moisture,that is what they told us.!!!!!
ive been thinking this for yrs

J

jay

just a little addition to this,
at a fairly recent adhesive companys trade evening,when asked by quite a few tilers about polished porcelain tiles debonding from adhesive,their answer was ,that the companies know that a problem exists with adhesive not acheiving a strong bond with the tiles ,due to the density of the porcelain,and the fact that the adhesive bonds to the primary surface ,ie the screed,so when you lift it wet,it seems fine ,next day lift it and tile is clean,as the screed has sucked in the moisture,that is what they told us.!!!!!
ive been thinking this for yrs

priming the screed or concrete would help

D

deankyall

yep thats with priming,just knock a tile back up when its dry couple days later,ive seen it it dosent stick to the back,i started a thread on this about 8 months ago after asking lots of tilers in my area ,and almost to a man they had experienced the same thing?????,seems wierd that adhesive companys know there is a prob,,but keep qiuet!!
priming the screed or concrete would help

Reply to problems with 600x600 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, We will be tiling our ground floor which is screed with no underfloor heating. The area...
Replies
Views
I got 100 square metres of tiles laid 18months ago. after 7 months i noticed tiles starting to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.