Discuss Qualified or not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

Had a socket to deal with where the cables were so short they wouldn't even allow the thickness of the tile but I knew if I swopped a couple of wires around I could do it. Explained to the customer the problem and the solution but told him we really needed a sparkie just to be sure. 'I have a friend' he said, 'Is he part P' 'probably not, but he has an MBE for services to the Electrical Industry!! (Ex chairman of NEDL) ' Well I wasn't going to argue!

D

doug boardley

Sorry Dave, didn't realise it was just swapping a plate. Although I've blown up several sockets screwing plates back on with longer screws after tiling behind them. Doesn't half make you jump (and blackens the tiles)

Never managed that myself Smudger, but my mobile always seems to ring when I'm screwing them up and I end up nearly jumping outta my skin!

Reply to Qualified or not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys hoping someone could advise me as to what needs doing on a job i am on. Its a long...
Replies
Views
AKOTiler
A
Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
One for Keith at u heat I think. Or of course any one knowledgeable about part p If I were to...
Replies
Views
Bubblecraft
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Qualified or not
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.