Discuss Recent Job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

this was the twentieth tiling project that I have carried out for Ashley homes.
we moved away from travertine and fixed 900x 600 x 20mm limestone from oman supplied by artisans of devizes.

bathrooms standard porcelain .few niches in there !!!
lovely project , best contractor ever worked for .

038.JPG 040.JPG 042.JPG 046.JPG 049.JPG 050.JPG 052.JPG 059.JPG 062.JPG 069.JPG

J

jonnyc

Top drawer. Yeah, all those would have to be day work!
normally I would never charge by the day as I think this is highly unprofessional .you might lose out or you might win on something never done before but I think the client needs to know what costs they are in for .
it was only in this instance where I know contractor well that I don't want to give a price to cover myself as we have such a good business relationship . this niche thing was a new idea and I will do anything tiling wise within reason and give a price to do so.
how long do you think that would take to do ?

J

jonnyc

heres a photo of a tiling job after I took on in Israel. unfortunately the site was not ready , so we took off down the river nile !!!
or I should say up the river nile .big mistake .
the felucca sail boat had no wind to work with and we were marooned !!!!!!!on an island
spent the best part of a week on there in a stand off but ultimately you cant live on an island in the river nile
dancing to madness unless you have a plan .
Lovely stone there Jonny always a pleasure seeing your work ,top project as always
thanks gary . there was a real problem with the stone . the supplier in oman packed it with string spacers and the wax or oil in the string marked the stone .long story short supplier got an idiot who gave it large about what he could do and made it worse. I ended going in and recified myself

wayne

TF
leeds
Just done some of that limestone from Oman myself. Same size but thicknesses varied from 17 to 23 mm. The stone had string spacers as well but I didn't notice any stains on the stone. The original tiler had started with all the thin stone first though and no decoupling mat. It had cracked all through kitchen and conservatory within a couple of months so we had to rip out lay ditra and get the limestone thinned out at a quarry. Lovely stone though when it's down. Think it comes from ca pietra down south west way

Reply to Recent Job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB