UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Rubi TCRP-115 cutting blade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RubiUK

Hi Gary the Rubi rep here.
I have seen one of these blades break like those two and was curious as to why. I have used these blades alot and have not had any bother with them so I asked the end user to demonstrate how he was using the blade. One week later I met Darren on site. I gave him a grinder and a brand new blade and he set to work. Darren proceeded to try and cut curves in his porca and you could see the blade bending. I have done more test on my own and established that this blade cut perfect when the blade is held vertically. I don't know if that is the reason why they broke but you have to remember the blades are thin. Hope to get more feedback as and when.

D

DHTiling

Hi Gary, i have since been informed that these blades are part of Rubi's budget range and just to add the blade was not used under stress as it was a straight cut.

My take on it is!!!.. with these being on the low quality side to what Rubi top range is, the steel of the blade cannot take a lot of heat generated by dry cutting grade 5 porcs, yes the diamonds might cut great but if the body of the blade and also that the blade flange is thin then this contributes to blade warping and hence the break away just below the diamond segments each time of the 2 breakages i have had.

I have given the blades to rubi but as present have yet to hear anything back from Pat..

H

hillhead

I have had the same problems with marcrist blades i kid you not, chunks come out of them too.
I'm using a tectron blade from stonetools at the minute and it's been great, 1mm thick and i'v done a lot of cutting with it over the last few weeks.
I find it wearing down now at the tip but no chipping as yet or bits breaking off.
Cheap blade too but impressive cutting.
Jury still out on mine.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rubi TCRP-115 cutting blade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum but tiled a few DIY jobs for friends and family over the years. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im a DIYer doing a lot of work on an old house we are f restoring. I have put down a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I come from Taiwan and got a 60x120x1.2 floor tile job. But i only have Rubi DU-200L, so...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.