Guest viewing is limited

Discuss scientology pay no tax UK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

just watched an interesting story about UK church of scientology and why they don't pay tax seems they send all there profits to a charity in south aust Adelaide to be more precise the address they use is a residential address owned by a florist who knows nothing about the whole thing now they have been doing this for many years and paying no yes you read right NO TAX at all here's a link to the story just click on latest stories
au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/ - Cached - Similar

sort of got me thinking (and yes it hurts when i think) if i set up my business as a churchy thing then tell the tax man all profits go to UK //////// do you think i could get away with this :lol:

any members of the above mentioned church :oops:

jay

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

yes I believe there are tax breaks in the UK if you're a registered charity. bit of a foolhardy way of operating a church. Mr Chancellor of the Exchquer was bound to found out one day :27:

but if you tell your income tax authorities Jay that your business is a charity and you send all your earnings direct to tilersforums.com do you think they wouldn't tax you? :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to scientology pay no tax UK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

J
IF YOUVE HAD A BAD CLIENT RECENTLY READ ABOUT THIS ONE . MAY MAKEYOU FEEL BETTER THEJOB FROM...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
R
A question elsewhere on this forum about write-offs for vehicle insurance made me wonder about...
Replies
Views
Just a bit of a rant here. Just watching James Cann from Dragon's Den on Skynews speaking about...
2 3
Replies
Views
mikethetile
M
S
Checkatrade / MyHammer / MyBuilder / Trusted etc. Are they all evil? I’m glad the subject...
Replies
Views
G
Last October while in the middle of my tiling course I recieved a phone call from a charity "The...
Replies
Views
b30 villain
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
scientology pay no tax UK
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.