Discuss sky tv in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Noaksy

Hang on a minute, you could try changing your TV setting (not the box setting) for them channels, but to be honest uk gold broadcast some older programmes, which would have been shot in the 4x3 aspect ratio, before 14x9 and 16x9 formats so all you would be doing is stretching the image and distorting it to fit the full screen, does the aspect ratio change when the adverts come on them channels? TBH I dont think its the box just the format they are shot in.
But try changing the TVs aspect ratio to 16x9 instead, it might be set to auto at the moment which is why its switching for the 4x3 formats.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mike

Hang on a minute, you could try changing your TV setting (not the box setting) for them channels, but to be honest uk gold broadcast some older programmes, which would have been shot in the 4x3 aspect ratio, before 14x9 and 16x9 formats so all you would be doing is stretching the image and distorting it to fit the full screen, does the aspect ratio change when the adverts come on them channels? TBH I dont think its the box just the format they are shot in.
But try changing the TVs aspect ratio to 16x9 instead, it might be set to auto at the moment which is why its switching for the 4x3 formats.
the programmes are on widescreen on other peoples tv and when i'm on that channel and i go on sky tv guide that comes up narrow too

G

grumpygrouter

TV signals carry coded information that is supposed to adjust your screen settings to the appropriate size if you have an "auto" setting on your screen aspect ratio. Sometimes these signals can get corrupted or intefered with and the tv (not the digi box) can have trouble interpretting them. Only solution is to manually overide on your TV settings aspect ratio (my panasonic is bad for this!!!).

N

Noaksy

Mike, save the cost of the phone call mate they wont tell you any different than whats on here, if you give me the model number of the tv I see if I can work out where it might be in the menu settings for you. Some broadcasters only transmit in the 4x3 ratio Uk gold might be one of them, so the tv is doing what it is supposed to do, switching to the correct ratio then switching back for the other 16x9 ratios on the other channels. Like grumpy said the only way round this is to override it manually with the TV settings but all your doing is strecthing the picture to fit the screen which isnt the right ratio, your friends TVs might be set to 16x9 all the time cancelling out the switch to 4x3, did the problem start when you changed the tv?

Reply to sky tv in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
B
Not strictly tiling but hope you guys have some experience that can help me. I'm about to tile...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
sky tv
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.