Discuss Stabila FLS 90 floor laser?!? in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

When setting out floors with your lasers so you just work to the laser or mark the floor and put the laser away
Sometimes either or both Andy, haha just depends how I’m feeling or what’s happening.
Sometimes I’ll project the laser over the adhesive if I’m doing something like herringbone, where you need to see your line but also need to have adhesive, or say brickbond :eek: you understand what I mean Andy?

O

Old Mod

Last question Marc :p
If I'm using the targets accurately I assume I can be pinging off new datum lines even though the main DL is in another room and I've no longer got a line on it because I've shifted the targets as I go (y axis then x axis etc..) Jeez sounds way more complicated when you type it out lol
Haha yes Nick, start with one datum, strike it, move along to next opening or wherever you need a perpendicular line. Set laser along your original datum and set your new datum with the new beam. :D

L

LM

Sometimes either or both Andy, haha just depends how I’m feeling or what’s happening.
Sometimes I’ll project the laser over the adhesive if I’m doing something like herringbone, where you need to see your line but also need to have adhesive, or say brickbond :eek: you understand what I mean Andy?
I was just typing more or less the same answer Marc lol.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
So I suppose my real one question Marc :D:D:D:D:D
Is ..... are the targets a good enough substitute for chalk lines when initially checking multiple rooms for squarity?

I know squarity isn't a word Marc but I feel the need to humour you.
And I'm not planning to do away with chalk lines (or my trusty jury staffs) - just want to avoid loads of datum lines and only snap my final tile lines. I've had mop out before cos I no longer had a Scooby what line was what!! lol

O

Old Mod

So I suppose my real one question Marc :D:D:D:D:D
Is ..... are the targets a good enough substitute for chalk lines when initially checking multiple rooms for squarity?

I know squarity isn't a word Marc but I feel the need to humour you.
And I'm not planning to do away with chalk lines (or my trusty jury staffs) - just want to avoid loads of datum lines and only snap my final tile lines. I've had mop out before cos I no longer had a Scooby what line was what!! lol
If you mean leave the targets in place while you check about, yeah I suppose they would be. The way I use the targets is so that I can see the line at greater distances. But I will ALWAYS put in one datum line to start with and go from there. To my mind you need a reference point, and mine will always be the longest line I can find thro the building.
So for instance, I’ll go to the corridor that runs in to the main area for example, centre it and ping a line. Then using that line I’ll reference each and every room from it. Regardless of whether I use that line in the end. But for me, you need one, if not two lines, perpendicular to each other. Then you can plus or minus off each line.
How does that grab you? :p

O

Old Mod

Square out the job in red chalk Nick then strike your tile to line in say a blue etc, that way you won't get confused.

91D3C68E-5D2B-4837-809C-1DAABE1B66EA.jpeg

Reply to Stabila FLS 90 floor laser?!? in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello everyone, my name is David, nice to meet you all. I would like to ask you all your...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
Hi, I’m not looking to tile the floor, but feel this forum has some really smart and helpful...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
[reposted here as it seems much more active] Hi, I’m not looking to tile the floor, but feel...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Tiling Tool Popular Threads

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more. Our rubi tiling tools and Tile cutters. Sigma tiling tool manufacturer and much much more.