Discuss students riot in london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

I think they should be locked up fpr that shambles of a riot

whats wrong with students these days, they should have stayed on thre roof and protested till this government kept their pre election promises

and dont give me anymore stuff and nonsense about there being no money to pay for educating the next generation, this country takes trillions in revenue, why should the kids have to pay theprice for the almighty balls up the banks made of our economy

I

Ian

I thought these were meant to be the intelligent members of society? I know that there are 2 sides to every arguement but I was brought up being told that I had to make my own way in life, create my own destiny, and my career in tiling was funded by my own savings, saved over a number of years. Because it was my own money and not handed to me on a plate I chose very carefully what I wanted to do and was more determined to suceed. Maybe if I had had it all funded, the desire might not be there so much. My younger brother is the exact opposite to this, and has done several higher education courses and guess what, he doesn't use any of them. Not sure how we turned out so different!!!

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
yeah mike i agree 100%,bloody banks were lending money to people who obviously couldnt afford the repayments,and they wonder why they are in deep trouble.

I have paid tax and lots of it, i want my kids to be afforded the opportunitys that the students of today have.

Goverments regardless of which party break promises,id rather have a labour goverment than a coalition goverment formed by two parties who will only have their own parties intrest at heart.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
thats right Brian I paid for my education later in life and as such realise its value

but it didnt cost me £9000 a year in fees, we are going back to the old ways when unless your family were well off you didnt go into further education

its a shame that so many people begrudge them an education

causing 1 million pounds worth of damage could of paid for a lot of students to be educated

I

Ian

thats right Brian I paid for my education later in life and as such realise its value

but it didnt cost me £9000 a year in fees, we are going back to the old ways when unless your family were well off you didnt go into further education

its a shame that so many people begrudge them an education

Yeah I agree it is a bit steep, it's probably going to be a case of either going to university later on in life or trying to get a scholarship of some sort

D

Deleted member 9966

Yeah I agree it is a bit steep, it's probably going to be a case of either going to university later on in life or trying to get a scholarship of some sort

now Brian that is almost exactly what myself and my boss were talking about today. Get employers to fund your education in the applicable subjects, whilst working at the same time. This is how I've gained all of my HR quals so far and it adds to the employee's engagement. It is definitely something we think we can pursue in my organisation.

Reply to students riot in london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
students riot in london
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.