UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Sunday Runs. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

This is my Sunday run unless im competing in a race somewhere. We call it the Conveyor run as it has a Conveyor belt that runs from under the sea to the processing plant from the Gypsum mines. we run 8 miles through woodland next to it on a gypsum road. As you can see there are a few large hills. Conveyor Run.jpg

E

enduro

I did this one a Couple of weeks ago. It was very tough. Hundreds line up for one of the UK’s toughest marathons
Published on Friday 26 October 2012 16:57

The Beachy Head Marathon takes place tomorrow with hundreds of runners gearing up to tackle what has established itself as one of the most gruelling races in the UK.
Starting at 9am from the front of St Bede’s School, the 26.2mile race takes in the sights – and challenges – of the picturesque local countryside and has become popular with athletes from all four corners of the globe.
In fact, such is the reputation of the annual event, slots on the race were snapped up in record time, meaning crowds will have plenty of [COLOR=#446688 !important][COLOR=#446688 !important]runners[/COLOR][/COLOR] to cheer on.
Road closures will restrict the crowds in some stretches of the route, although an official viewing site has been set up in Seven Sisters Country Park, with plenty of parking and refreshments on offer, while the course also takes the competitors through a host of East Sussex villages, including West Dean, Jevington and Alfriston, which should also provide ample vantage points.
Jevington and Litlington however have struggled to cope with the influx of well-wishers in the past so will have road closures in operation.
Taking a lead from the hugely successful London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics, organisers have recruited a small army of Games Makers, who have volunteers to be on hand to help make sure the event runs smoothly.
The top athletes are expected back at the start / finish line from around midday, after last year’s winner, speedy Steve Nimmo, clocked an impressive time of three hours and two minutes.
Susie Casebourne was the leading lady last time, finishing in three hours and 36 minutes, although with a less than perfect weather forecast for the weekend conditions will likely be far from ideal for the leading runners.
Since 2002, more than £45,000 has been donated to the local charities who have helped with the marshalling, first aid and safety provision at the event.
More than £40,000 has been raised each year for charities through sponsorship alone.
For more information about the [COLOR=#446688 !important][COLOR=#446688 !important]marathon[/COLOR][/COLOR] visit the website Visit Eastbourne for the Guide to Holidays or Short Breaks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sunday Runs. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have visited recently a few tile failures and found that the vast majority of them are due...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
M
Hi all, I am going to a play tomorrow night an it is about 4 tilers. Did anyone on the forum...
Replies
Views
M
Just got back from my hols. 8 days in sunny Ibiza. 6 days before we travelled (Friday 13th) my...
Replies
Views
david campbell
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.