Discuss let down... misprepresented.. out of their leauge ! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Ahhh so St.Georges was the dangling carrot, as I was asked to quote the full job at Virginia Water and only got 3 bathrooms as they felt loyal to you.. but was promised St.Georges if I undertook the part project.. well I see this in a different light now.. Thanks for that ;-)

M8, I wish to god I could have came down & done this job for you to save you the hassle & a new customer/builder...

T

Time's Ran Out

i would like to add to this thread that i am true tiler for this developer and needed a hand with finishing this job hence why i advertised on the forum and timeless john replied about the post, ascot tiling got somebody in who after the first hour i knew that he didn't have a clue, he wasn't going to earn money the way he was tiling and the wall that he did i had to strip off and do again, the job isn't 9 million it is only a 2 million build to the developer and st gorges hill was never an option as i have 4 tilers booked in for 10 weeks in july!! that is a 9 million job... sorry guys but you do take a chance when you hire a handyman which is what was written on his van, jack of all trades and master off none springs to mind

It must be an age issue but when you say I replied about the post did you reply?

R

RITE TOUCH

sorry timeless i didn't reply as the developer had already subbed out the bathrooms that i advertised on here to m3fitter, you hit the nail on the head m3 that it was a dangling carrot i presume as it is already in the diary and i have all the plans ready for it, sorry it didn't work out with the handyman though, i am always in the area though if you need to sub something out in future

M

m3fitter

Hahaa ... the developer was having his cake and eating it, oh and smearing the leftovers over all of our faces !! Yes I'll give you a shout ritetouch... email me your full details. . And yes I was gutted when I saw his van and it mentioned bathrooms / kitchens / maintenance ! But by then I was committed to him and short on the ground everywhere else and I had to make a decision either to risk my existing contacts / projects or wave bye bye to the new contact. . But basically the developer played us.. as we both quoted for the full job and they hedged their bets, at our expense.. ! If I'd had the full project I would have pulled out all of the stops and completed it, but as I saw other tilers on the job, no big deal, they weren't being left in the lurch. . More money for you ritetouch ! Hahaa

C

Colour Republic

Im really confused

- Developer has project
- Developer gets multiple quotes for full job (2 of which are from ritetouch and M3)
- Gives main part of the project to righttouch and 3 bathrooms to M3
- Developer says to M3 if you can just do the 3 bathrooms, you can have another bigger job in SGH. (Developer lied as hed already given SGH to ritetouch)
- M3 puts subbie on 3 bathrooms
- Subbie out of their depth and bolts
- Ritetouch takes over the 3 bathrooms as they were already on site.

Think that's how it went down anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stef

- Developer has project
- Developer gets multiple quotes for full job (2 of which are from ritetouch and M3)
- Developer says to M3 if you can just do the 3 bathrooms, you can have another bigger job in SGH. (Developer lied as hed already given SGH to ritetouch)

Could you not have wrote this last night??
Would have saved me a sleepless night. [emoji1]
At least it got sorted & the developer is the one covering all bases (in a very underhand way) [emoji107][emoji107]

M

Mr Tiler

- Developer has project

why even bother going with m3 at all though? if he was happy to give the majority of work to ritetouch why just 3 bathrooms to m3 did you lower your q2uote in order to land the other site m3? developer sounds like a right blank!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to let down... misprepresented.. out of their leauge ! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Had an bust up/argument with tiler today. Usually use someone else but this guy came recommended...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
S
As the replies I got to my previous setting out post were so helpful so I thought I'd ask for...
Replies
Views
Alphadock
A
Did a quote last night. When customer opened front door I was nearly knocked back with the...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
R
hi there I'm not a tiler but my partner is (24 years in the trade). My partner has recently...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB