Guest viewing is limited
  • Thread starter doug boardley
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 1K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss superhuman:super strong in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fipple

walls/bricks dont hit back:thumbsup:...Check out bruce lee quotes on google..he had such a beautiful mind..and in his day,,most of the martial arts community loathed him because he exposed all the brick breaking nonsense as show...plus he blended many arts to work best for him,the traditionalists saw him as a threat to there traditions when in fact he harnessed what was best from all the arts and made them become 1

M

mikethetile

I watched a martial arts program a few years ago where the went into the history of it, they reckoned it was unarmed combat and they could break their opponents bone with either a kick or the edge of their hand, the raw material to make weapons was scarce so they found an alternative way to fight

it was interesting and went into the science of it, problem is it was over my head so its no point me trying to explain it but as doug says they had to train to harden the edges off their hands a nd feet

F

fipple

Muay thai practioners role bamboo on there shins,time and time again..until the skin starts to callous,it almost resembles bone itself...the body will adapt to such strains put upon it...Also mike...i think you may be talking about capoeira(brazilian martial arts) when they we,re slaves they obviously had no access to weapons so they devised fighting skills within a dance,im sure there captives thought it was fun to watch,,but what they we,re actually doing was kata movements...such agility!..Any fighting art/skill if used correctly can be amazingly beneficial..

A

albyshellshear

I watched a martial arts program a few years ago where the went into the history of it, they reckoned it was unarmed combat and they could break their opponents bone with either a kick or the edge of their hand, the raw material to make weapons was scarce so they found an alternative way to fight

it was interesting and went into the science of it, problem is it was over my head so its no point me trying to explain it but as doug says they had to train to harden the edges off their hands a nd feet
most martial arts weapons are adapted from farm implements such as rice flails (nunchuks) it was so the peasants could defend themselves

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Modern day Karate (meaning empty hand) Originated in Okinawa, an island S.W. Japan. The peasant population (regarded by the samurai war lords ) as sub human, were forbidden from carrying weapons. Hence the use of farming tools ( rice flails etc) as a fighting technique. Also the flying kicks practised in modern day Karate, were used to kick a warrior from his horse. In those days grades or dans did not exist. In some styles, a student would become a master if he could knock out a fully grown bull, with one punch:yikes: My style was/ is Shukokai a true Okinawa old school, with a modern twist. I trained 6 days a week for over ten years. To old now:mad2:

Reply to superhuman:super strong in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
W
I will be doing full bathroom renovation, and the plan is to build a walk in shower due to the...
Replies
Views
Paul Bleasdale
P
C
Hi, I have ALOT of floor tiles to take off. I have read a few forums but there seems to...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
Hi ! iam after some advice on this one thanks. Ive got a Porcelain floor to tile in 2 weeks...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
F
Hi all, I could really use some help with preparing my kitchen floor for tiling. I have taken...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
superhuman:super strong
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.