Guest viewing is limited
  • Thread starter doug boardley
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 1K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss superhuman:super strong in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

what I always found the best with martial arts esp Shotokan, was the level of self control that was instilled into you through training, I learnt to walk away from fights and save grace knowing that if it really came down to it that I'd have a back up. This re-surfaced a couple of weeks ago while I was working away. A giant of a geezer was in the bar/lounge where we were watching the england v usa match. He was effing and blinding like a trooper,fine, except there was women and children in the bar lounge. I went up to him and quietly told him to tone it down due to the family atmosphere at the time. He high fived me and said sorry, on the way back to my seat a few parents thanked me. Half time whistle and over comes Goliath, threatening me about knowing I was "just a contractor working there" and how dare I have the audacity to ask him to pipe down. Then comes the eye contact!(from me:thumbsup:) I then asked him if he would like to step outside and discuss the matter and avoid the kids in the lounge hearing his swearing. This really un-nerved him as I'm only 5 foot 6". He declined and went and sat down and soon left to go to his room with a veiled threat of reporting me to the management for intimidation!!:lol:
A pint of strongbow came my way very shortly afterwards, courtesy of the lady that was the managing director of the department we were working in, with a note to say thanks for my moral standing and tact.
If I'd not done any MA it could've turned out really messy!

S

Scott

what I always found the best with martial arts esp Shotokan, was the level of self control that was instilled into you through training, I learnt to walk away from fights and save grace knowing that if it really came down to it that I'd have a back up. This re-surfaced a couple of weeks ago while I was working away. A giant of a geezer was in the bar/lounge where we were watching the england v usa match. He was effing and blinding like a trooper,fine, except there was women and children in the bar lounge. I went up to him and quietly told him to tone it down due to the family atmosphere at the time. He high fived me and said sorry, on the way back to my seat a few parents thanked me. Half time whistle and over comes Goliath, threatening me about knowing I was "just a contractor working there" and how dare I have the audacity to ask him to pipe down. Then comes the eye contact!(from me:thumbsup:) I then asked him if he would like to step outside and discuss the matter and avoid the kids in the lounge hearing his swearing. This really un-nerved him as I'm only 5 foot 6". He declined and went and sat down and soon left to go to his room with a veiled threat of reporting me to the management for intimidation!!:lol:
A pint of strongbow came my way very shortly afterwards, courtesy of the lady that was the managing director of the department we were working in, with a note to say thanks for my moral standing and tact.
If I'd not done any MA it could've turned out really messy!

Never judge a book ny its cover, thats my motto :thumbsup: Size is nothing, training is everything

F

fipple

your lucky doug!..ive known many martial artists that have practised there arts,..feel it gives them an edge only to have seven bails of s*** knocked out of them by the average nasty street fighter...katas ans stances in the dojo are one thing...in the street when your fight or flight mechanism is surging...someones coming fast at you..its very hard in reality to pull of fancy moves...thats why muay thai is one of the most effect A to B arts you can use...Its not pretty but an elbow to your jaw/cheek bone will break your bones...knees kick shin...your going to hospital...check out ufc...you hardly ever see karate excel in there...most fights if youve ever had a street fight ends up in a grapple/skuffle...you have to be well rounded expect to taste your own blood...(ive seen people fold over due to the shock of recieving a smack)what did they expect?:mad2:..fights are ugly grotesque events...that make u smell and taste things not nice...your whole demeaner for that moment whilst fighting becomes distorted..ive had many many street fights and the more you have the more easier it becomes in the sense that your sub conscious has been here before...and you move and throw so much better because the fear is damperned...but a martial artist practioner coming form the dojo...never been on the cold concrete can often have a rude awakening...think yourself lucky doug he didnt come outside...its not size shape...its whether u can fight and except a good punch cause your going to get at least a few..

F

fipple

P.s YOUR obsolutely right about size not the total factor...in some instances it does count...but it can equal itself out as to the advantages and disadvantages...i dont look at the opponent and worry to much about his size...its what im going to do to him that matters to me...whether he,s big/small...infact if someone small say 5ft..6":thumbsup:looked confident id immediatley know this little ****er knows something...it then puts me on my best guard,,,which means show this little s*** no mercy for stepping upto and having the audacity to think he stood a chance...let him dance and posture...they come to you in the end:thumbsup:

Reply to superhuman:super strong in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
W
I will be doing full bathroom renovation, and the plan is to build a walk in shower due to the...
Replies
Views
Paul Bleasdale
P
C
Hi, I have ALOT of floor tiles to take off. I have read a few forums but there seems to...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
Hi ! iam after some advice on this one thanks. Ive got a Porcelain floor to tile in 2 weeks...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
F
Hi all, I could really use some help with preparing my kitchen floor for tiling. I have taken...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
superhuman:super strong
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.