UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tesco. Where will it end? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike Mike

So I was doing a Google search for something or other, the history of wetrooms I think it was, and low and behold the very first result that displays is.... "TESCO FINEST WETROOMS". :yikes:

WHAT????!!!!!111
I have never liked Tesco, not since someone got stabbed to death in Tesco at Lewisham one Sunday morning for having the AUDACITY to tell someone off for pushing in front of them in the queue. It ruined my Sunday because when I went to try and do my weekly shopping I found dozens of armed Police turning people away from the car park. Ended up having to go all the way to Greenwich Penninsula to that dreadful Sainsburys instead. How could you allow this to happen Tesco?? Disgraceful company, no contingency plans to keep the shop open in the event of a senseless murder at checkout 19.

Anyway, I now find they are doing wetrooms as well? Where will it all end? And what sort of fitters and tilers do they use? Some 17 year old working 16 hours a week for £5.76 an hour? I really hate Tesco (and Asda, and all the rest of these so-called supermarkets). Wasn't there some scandal recently about them trying to get unemployed people to work for 2 quid an hour, on the pretense that they were "gaining experience"? I hate these supermarkets. STAY OUT OF WETROOMS AND TILING! STICK TO BAKED BEANS, SHUTTING HIGH STREETS DOWN, AND PUTTING FARMERS OUT OF BUSINESS. IT'S WHAT YOU DO BEST!

p.s. Anyone know where I can buy one of those Mitre Wizzs from?

F

Fliselege

Ever been to Norway Mike? Or at least heard about the severe lack of choice in our super(don't make me laugh)markets? When I go visiting home I nearly have trouser crisis's seeing the prices and choice on offer at Mums local Tesco's and Sainsburys! And as for the stabbing, the family home is in Bracknell, every day part of life in that chavtastic place! Wonder how many club card points you get for a wetroom.

R

Rich

Umm... I dont think you can blame tesco for somebody getting stabbed in one of their stores or for offering more choice and better price than independent shops. I live out in the country and bottom line is I can not afford to shop at the little farm shops, they charge the earth and to be honest their produce is terrible. LONG LIVE TESCO!! Thats my opinion anyway.

I didnt know that they have gone into wetrooms, do you know if it is just the materials or to they offer a fitting service?

M

Mike Mike

Umm... I dont think you can blame tesco for somebody getting stabbed in one of their stores or for offering more choice and better price than independent shops. I live out in the country and bottom line is I can not afford to shop at the little farm shops, they charge the earth and to be honest their produce is terrible. LONG LIVE TESCO!! Thats my opinion anyway.

I didnt know that they have gone into wetrooms, do you know if it is just the materials or to they offer a fitting service?

They offer the complete service, consulation, planning, materials, fitting, avoiding your calls when it all goes wrong.

Hey, if you don't blame Tesco for under-cutting everyone, killing competition, and making society a poorer place in every respect, then presumably you wont mind when you are out of a job because everyone is getting their bathrooms done by Tesco. But wait, theres more! They also do kitchens too. And when they start doing conservatories and hallways then that will be your lot.

Hang up the trowel and knee pads, or go to work for Tescos, tiling for £5.76 an hour, 16 hours a week (they wont give you more hours see, otherwise they have to start paying you employee benefits, like sick pay, pension, holiday pay. They say they are offering flexibility to women with kids who dont want to work full time, but always fail to mention the fact that the govt is obliged to pay benefits to these people so they can actually afford to live, as 16 hours is the amount you can work and still claim benefits).

I HATE Tesco, and all the others, and I stand by that. Thank GOD we dont have that sort of thing here.

M

Mike Mike

Ever been to Norway Mike? Or at least heard about the severe lack of choice in our super(don't make me laugh)markets? When I go visiting home I nearly have trouser crisis's seeing the prices and choice on offer at Mums local Tesco's and Sainsburys! And as for the stabbing, the family home is in Bracknell, every day part of life in that chavtastic place! Wonder how many club card points you get for a wetroom.

Fliselege, yes, but only once, to a wedding. About an hour or two flight from Oslo. All I remember about it was that a Coke and a sandwich in the local cafe cost about the eqivalent of £9 and one of the wedding guests was Peter Solberg the rally driver. Norway must be the worlds most expensive country.

G

Gall.B

So I was doing a Google search for something or other, the history of wetrooms I think it was, and low and behold the very first result that displays is.... "TESCO FINEST WETROOMS". :yikes:

WHAT????!!!!!111
I have never liked Tesco, not since someone got stabbed to death in Tesco at Lewisham one Sunday morning for having the AUDACITY to tell someone off for pushing in front of them in the queue. It ruined my Sunday because when I went to try and do my weekly shopping I found dozens of armed Police turning people away from the car park. Ended up having to go all the way to Greenwich Penninsula to that dreadful Sainsburys instead. How could you allow this to happen Tesco?? Disgraceful company, no contingency plans to keep the shop open in the event of a senseless murder at checkout 19.

Anyway, I now find they are doing wetrooms as well? Where will it all end? And what sort of fitters and tilers do they use? Some 17 year old working 16 hours a week for £5.76 an hour? I really hate Tesco (and Asda, and all the rest of these so-called supermarkets). Wasn't there some scandal recently about them trying to get unemployed people to work for 2 quid an hour, on the pretense that they were "gaining experience"? I hate these supermarkets. STAY OUT OF WETROOMS AND TILING! STICK TO BAKED BEANS, SHUTTING HIGH STREETS DOWN, AND PUTTING FARMERS OUT OF BUSINESS. IT'S WHAT YOU DO BEST!

p.s. Anyone know where I can buy one of those Mitre Wizzs from?

Have done some Tesco bathrooms Mike.

They took over Dolphins staff, contacts, suppliers, & premises.

As for quality, it depends on the fitting Team, some good some not so good.

M

Mike Mike

Not sure mate, I subby to the bathroom company that sub to Tesco :lol:

Think its just Dolphin with a diffrent name tho.

High prices paid upfront, slow payments to contractors, mediocre quality products, ie B&Q quality tiles etc

Sounds about right. Punter pays through the nose, and everywhere down the line it's sub-contracted out to old Joe Soap, and each time it's subbed the person doing the actual work gets paid less than the parasite above them.

I REALLY hate Tesco, LOL.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tesco. Where will it end? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Thought it'd be cool to see how our old moderators are doing and where they are and what they're...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
V
Hi All, I'm a newbie to this forum so I apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. I...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
I hate these types of companies. Check this out. A company named Group 3 Energy setup some...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.