Discuss The builders are coming in! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Trade Tiler sells the same sort of stuff Lynn.

Dust Sheets & Protective Coverings

Never seen this before, that just seems so handy! Good to know, yes somehow I'd think of different uses, too, protecting anything it sticks to basically, could be good for outdoors decorating, too, to protect fancy patios etc, when it's windy, rather than having to weight dustsheets down, if more pricey... would it stick to concrete etc?

M

mikethetile

Never seen this before, that just seems so handy! Good to know, yes somehow I'd think of different uses, too, protecting anything it sticks to basically, could be good for outdoors decorating, too, to protect fancy patios etc, when it's windy, rather than having to weight dustsheets down, if more pricey... would it stick to concrete etc?

yes it will stick to concrete G, the beauty of it is it sticks to carpets and doesnt let paint through

P

Pebbs

Day 2 in The Pebbs Big Demolition House aka Everyone is a tiler!

Aww...yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away, off they trotted with a cheery goodbye and a quote that was music to my ears....'OK we'll see you at 8 tomorrow morning..have the tea ready'.

This morning something happened...it never normally happens, I count count on one hand the amount of times this actual event has happened over the last 12 months....not that you filthy minded mob. I overslept...I mean I woke at 6am turned the alarm off (although I cant remember this) and woke at 7.50! and that was only because one my lads rung me for some adhesive. Ok 6 keraquick and some grout mapei 130. Then I looked at the clock! OMG they will be arriving any minute now. Never in history has a woman got her clothes on so quick, it was half way down the stairs I realised I forgot to put my knickers on and thought I aint got time for them!

I rushed to the kitchen, put the kettle on, turned the computer on, fed the cats, and waited.....and waited.......and then waited some more.....do I risk going back and getting my knickers...no they will here any minute..the time was now 8.45. Stuff this for a lark returned to my bedroom and got dressed for the second time. Eventually at 9.25 they turned up.......shuffled in and said the heater had broken so they had to scrape the frost of the window screen. Now Ive heard it all before but this was a new one on me...Im trying to be my normal smiley self, but I wanted to kick off, but theres me thinking they would work straight though...They started, talked a lot on their mobiles the house was reverberating with 'Alright mate how the f are you' every five minutes. Demolition started...and ended promply at 12.10, as they were going for their lunch and the dust had to settle.....

Returned at 1.00.... I was on the phone to a client, as we are off to Wimbledon Tennis in a couple of weeks, they were listening I just knew it when one of them approached me and said if your looking for any tilers I'll do it for you, if the moneys good! Ohh my gawds did someone feed this bloke a stupid pill? I couldnt resist, 'how much tiling have you done then? I asked. Well we do bits of tiling, and its fairly easy......he answered. Aww well let me think about it, I replied (I cant put a man down for trying can I...trying my bloody patience!) So suddenly everyone is a tiler, yep were all two a penny us tilers, in fact I was thinking about getting a paper round because people must think thats more difficult than tiling, this is why Im losing work to numb nuts who think theres nothing to tiling. It hit me with a force its not just losing work to cheaper Eastern Europeans its Joe Bloggs with a yellow gorilla bucket and a rubi who thinks theres nothing to tiling.

They left at 4.00, and I went to have a look at what they had done, one of them is a good worker, the other is a jack of all trades and master of none...he must be the labourer..gobbalot on the phone.

And I just realised something I forgot to order the adhesive and grout....fer gawds sake! whats the matter with me!

I need me bed!

Lynn

Reply to The builders are coming in! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The builders are coming in!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks