Discuss The cheque is nearly dead………..is cash dying too? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
The cheque is nearly dead………..is cash dying too?
I am now seeing more customers paying via bank transfer. This is not a problem for me. However, the customers are now waiting until I have to ask again and again for my money.

In the not so distant past I would leave a customers house with cash or cheque payment in my back pocket. Done and dusted. I get home and send a ‘Paid Invoice’ via email.

Now I leave the customers home with ‘I’ll send payment tonight via internet banking’. The next day there is nothing in my a/c. The next day nothing. I send a follow-up email/text. Nothing. Eventually I get paid, but it’s very frustrating.

I guess the credit card option would have to be adopted, but that will mean more costs to the customer as I would have to add an extra percentage to cover costs.

P

Peter

Would rather have a cheque in my hand when I'm leaving to be honest, people are never in any rush to pay via bank transfer. :lol:

Haven't ever been asked about mobile card payments but I reckon it'd be a good service to offer - providing the customer can trust the technology, and could see past entering their pin number into your phone. Not sure what way they work, if it takes 30 days to receive your money then it's not really any benefit, if it takes 24 hours then it'd be worth a look at.

Either way im still waiting most of the time for it. If you are 20 miles from home ,!its half past 6 and there's nobody around then you aren't going to wait around until the customer decides to come home. Then the litany off excuses start , I'm out, I'm at yoga , I'm at football, kids go to bed at. 8, please call before thst etc etc. I did get paid by PayPal once. It's a facility on "Invoice to go" and you just add a PayPal "button" for the customer on your emailed invoice. That was great when I got notification almost immediately of payment. The joy was short lived when I realised PayPal had a chunk taken out for their fee :( Bank Transfer is good but I'd run out of work soon if I stood and waited for them to do it in my presence. They'd make out like I didn't trust them to pay but there's no word of that when you ring for the fifth time looking for it otherwise. It's nice when they hand you the envelope when you're emptying the washboy ;)

I must be slighty backward being up in the countryside then.
Cash or cheque only for me.
I think if I was to move forward it would have to be to erase cheque payment and replace with a secure card machine like [MENTION=32169]Bubblecraft[/MENTION]

Reply to The cheque is nearly dead………..is cash dying too? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB