Discuss The cheque is nearly dead………..is cash dying too? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I think its about 2.8% but cant be sure. I may get one soon but I will just add the cost to the bill.

how would you do that neal, just add a certain percentage on every job, or tell a customer they can pay by credit card but it will cost x amount more........can see it being a bit of a minefield if trying to add more money on the job when finished......no dout they will end up paying cheque anyway to save money.....lol

G

Gazzer

I would just ask how they want to pay and add the cost on if the wanted to pay by credit/debit. If they dont accept that then they can still pay by other means. Afterall I am paying the cost of the machine and phone data.
I have been asked only a few times in the past if I took credit /debit cards but I do feel "some" will like it and "some" wont. At least nowthey have that choice.
I know I pay by debit card for most things now .

M

MW Smith Ceramics

if they pay me by bank transfer I still don't leave the house till they do it .......been there and got the t-shirt....as they say..
Haha!......I just done that today andy......customer looked at me gone out but I said the jobs done now can you make payment please and she did......I don't leave until bank transfer done as had a few delays after promises in the past I also state in my quotes that payment must be made upon completion before I leave site

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Never had a cheque myself.... Always seem to get a transfer or cash, prefer getting cash myself. Am thinking of getting one of them pay by credit card things on my phone, reckon it would be really handy to some customers.

Just can't beat the feel of cash though!
Yeah cash is nice but maybe a card payment machine would be useful but just depends on cost of it

Guys! Do yourself a favour and get the PayPal Here card reader!! I paid £59 for the handset, I get charged 2.75 % on each transaction, I have factored this into my quotes so I'm covered, the money is in my bank in 24 hours. Strangely I get a weird adrenaline rush when the customer puts their card in!
Keep your receipts of payment to PayPal for tax. It's the way forward

I

Italy

I am years. I do not see. checks ....
and years. I do not see. cash. ahaah
only wire transfers through my bank. activated the service. real time. .when arrives transfer. s.m.s. on smartphones. so understand. If the customer. telling lies.
but few. tell the truth .... (a mess).
Italian law says. max € 1,000 cash.
Reported in 2016 to 3000 €. max cash payments.
important . bring home money.
then if not immediately. after. 2 3 months. is same.
nowadays. the important thing. It is to bring the money. at home
2/3 months in italy the usual practice..

F

Flintstone

I have done a couple of jobs for a local property developer/land lady. The most recent one I finished last Tuesday, she said email her the invoice and she would pay me on the Friday via bank transfer, no problem I thought, Friday comes, she paid half the money and said she would pay the other half the following Friday,:rolleyes:
Does my head in, but some times you don't want to make a fuss as you don't want to burn bridges of a potentially long term customer.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I have done a couple of jobs for a local property developer/land lady. The most recent one I finished last Tuesday, she said email her the invoice and she would pay me on the Friday via bank transfer, no problem I thought, Friday comes, she paid half the money and said she would pay the other half the following Friday,:rolleyes:
Does my head in, but some times you don't want to make a fuss as you don't want to burn bridges of a potentially long term customer.
I wouldn't be too happy about that local, long term client or not.......I think that's abit of p*!! Take to be honest.......cheeky git

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I wouldn't be too happy about that local, long term client or not.......I think that's abit of p*!! Take to be honest.......cheeky git

Your expecting a certain amount of money on a certain date and it's not there!....eh!......:flushed:......I think I would lose my trust in that client, who does she think she is suddenly changing payment terms without even giving notifying you.....not good .....id be fuming:rage:......its just the cheek of it!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The cheque is nearly dead………..is cash dying too? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB