Discuss The Great Sigma Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

nice one wing!!
they do loook great and cut quick!!,
one issue tho.....if i cut a tile with either a tx or ts, then i would be fractionally slower in the overall scribe and snap but because the sigma and monti users have to lean over to check they are on the line, then the time aspect swings back in favour of the rubi due to visibility so they are much of a muchness in that respect..

what i will say is, i totally accept that if you can get used to the restricted view and pulling technique, then they are the perfect all round cutter along with monti....cant say fairer than that...

just because i think sigma and monti are great it doesnt mean i dont rate rubi , far from it...id rather have a right hand drive porsche, than a left hand drive ferrair if you get my analogy..

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aston

hi wingn
i'm sticking with rubi mate :thumbsup: i just like them.
as i said i used monti for 2 yrs but when i used rubi again it felt right and i wont be changing now..

you sigma & monti boys have the best cutters in some ways. if you can get on with them, then there the dogs but if you like a clear view then it has to be rubi for me :thumbsup:

thanks to everyone who gave their views, really appreciate the feedback!
ed

andy-p

TF
Arms
hi wingn
i'm sticking with rubi mate :thumbsup: i just like them.
as i said i used monti for 2 yrs but when i used rubi again it felt right and i wont be changing now..

you sigma & monti boys have the best cutters in some ways. if you can get on with them, then there the dogs but if you like a clear view then it has to be rubi for me :thumbsup:

thanks to everyone who gave their views, really appreciate the feedback!
ed
Stick with what works for you , i have all 3 makes of cutters so im sorted... :thumbsup:

J

jay

So there certain models that do diagonal:wacky:

SI-ART%203D.jpg

yep

Reply to The Great Sigma Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB