• Thread starter project damager
  • Start date
  • Replies 56
  • Views 9K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss The right to reply... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pjtiler

We are humans and we ALL make mistakes a some point. :yes:
It is a trivial matter compared to what it is going on in some deprived parts of this earth. This is something that can be fixed. :yawn:

IF GOD (if he indeed does exist) cannot let us have a perfect world, we are bound to make mistakes in life. I am sure that the tiler did not want this to happen. I hope this will soon be resolved soon and that the lesson be learned by all concerned. :grouphug: :thumbsup:
aye at the poor punters expense
its obverse the bloke had no idea what the hell he was doing
true we all make the odd mistake now and then but we rectify them at our expense not the clients thats being professional
sorry but the whole lot need taking down and redoing

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
both parties are at fault in there own way here and both have handled it poorly,,firstly the tiler has made a few dodgy cuts which could have been amended however i get the feeling he is needing a bit more experience yet he did recognise it wasnt good enough work so called the client to tell him about the issues,,basically hes taken on a job too big for him just now,,also the customer has added fuel to the fire by marking unacceptable cuts behind the tiler every day after work probably piling pressure on an already nervous guy whos bit off more than he can chew,,both of them firstly the tiler has made the mistake of highlighting the job in hand here and 2ndly the customer has resonded with this so called poll!! a bit more communication from both parties in the private space of the bathroom that was being tiled may have resolved this issue for both,im gonna sit on the fence as i think both parties are at fault in there own way.:thumbsup:

C

cjbombero

Having read both posts I would have to say mistakes have been made on both fronts. Anytime I do work or have contractors in my house I will happy sort out a deposit for materials before starting, the rest is paid on satisfactory completion, this way both parties know where they stand.

From the pictures it is clear that the guy has made a few mistakes, which with a bit of work can be remidied (basically addressing the 4th wall which is a long way out) Once the work is complete the guy gets his £'s.

There is a thing out there called "reasuringly expensive", basically meaning that if you have bought some nice tiles and want a flawless finnish you have got to pay the going rate (think M&S advetisements!) If you pay a very low rate then you have to realise that the quality may suffer as a result.

First thing first is you need to talk to each-other and reach a compromise.

cjbombero

Reply to The right to reply... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
The right to reply...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.