Discuss The yobs are taking over the streets in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

A friend of mine is in custody charged with Murdering a lad of 28. Ken is 68 and is a lovely kindly guy who would not hurt anyone. I went out with his daughter many many years ago. The link tells some of the story but not all, he asked the yobs to turn their music down and they turned on him. What cowardly scum these people are, they chased him into his house and attacked him, his defence was a knife and now the lad is dead.
He has lived in that house for years and years and its only the last year or so that these yobs moved in with their loud music at all hours and their stupid street cred dogs as status symbols.
After speaking with his daughters Wendy and Caroline they told me that he had no choice, they were going to set the dogs on him and had already punched and knocked him about.
This lad 'cooper' was a real piece of garbage, a drug addict,thief and all round waste of time.
Ken had complained to the police and the council at least ten times and nothing was done to help him, what exactly do the authorities expect will happen when people are physically threatened and abused?

The sooner these yobs are stamped on the better.

Ken was attacked back in 1982, they stole his wallet and left him for dead in an alleyway, he never got over that incident and according to the girls that night flashed up as he was being beaten, he grabbed a knife and tried to protect himself.
I hope that he gets justice when at court and was seen to be defending himself. If this was in the states he would be ok as he was defending himself in his own property, over here its all wrong.

Family of Crewe man charged with murder speak out - Crewe Chronicle

:mad2:

A

aph257

I know what your saying diamond, if your a hard working honest person in this country you seem to have no rights and any protection within the law. This scumbag got what he deserved, its about time the government stood up for people like ken, and made the country safe for them to live in.

this government has got a lot to do but it needs to be up at the top of the list

A

Aston

thats terrible news dom..
really really sorry to hear about whats happened to your friend...this is whats happened now. this culture of look after number one. people dont stand by each other no more. they are too frightened to get involved due to the idiots who make the law in this country and solicitors who , well i wont say anymore hey, it might be classed as liable...

i'm sure the law will look at the whole scenario mate.

ed

D

david campbell

i would give ken a bloody OBE for defending his self an as an inspiration to the 1000's of people who live in fear of mindless animals(the only word i can think of that won't get me banned).it is horrific how things can be allowed for it to get so bad that it was kens last option available to him,well considering what happened to him in '82 and how he was let down then by this country then i don't blame him what so ever

R

Rob Z

A friend of mine is in custody charged with Murdering a lad of 28. ,

I hope that he gets justice when at court and was seen to be defending himself. If this was in the states he would be ok as he was defending himself in his own property, over here its all wrong.

Family of Crewe man charged with murder speak out - Crewe Chronicle

:mad2:

Hi Dom,

So much of our law here in the US is directly traced from our historical ties to the UK. (The state of Lousiana has many laws that are based on French law). I'm really amazed that it has come to the point in England that a person doesn't have the clear right to defend themself.

In general, the laws around the country vary a bit, but most states recognize a person's right to self-defense, even with deadly force. My state (Virginia) even extends that right to include the "curtilage", which includes area outside the home but part of the private areas of the home. This would include, for example, my patio. Out by the mailbox-probably not. Many western states have a broad enough definition of curtilage that it includes all the property around the home. This goes back (I think) to the times when farmers and ranchers were often alone, without law enforcement, and maybe miles and miles from the nearest neighbor or other source of help.

So I post this not to condemn your citizens and your legal system, but instead to say that I hope your Parliment and your courts get the message soon enough and to change the laws so people can feel more secure and choose to defend themselves instead of having to rely solely on the dubious option of calling the police and waiting for help to arrive.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
+1 Rob!

I was watching top gear the other day and there was a comedian from somewhere over there (he did say, i forget now) and he said you can legally drive drunk and shoot a gun in the air but not at a person. Ahhh, perhaps it was the way he said it.

I hope they take everything into account on this case and see the asbo's for who they are and put it all down to self defence like it should be.

W

White Room

did anyone here the story on the news today about a man who used a catapult on some yobs who had been making his life a misery (and no help from plod) He was charged with assault and then, they tried to claim compensation for swollen skin!! (1200 quid each they wanted) At last, the judge said no way would they be allowed to do that

He was using the wrong ammo

Reply to The yobs are taking over the streets in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
There comes a time, when you have to hold your hands up for god almighty shockingly bad...
Replies
Views
U
> A FEW QUESTIONS THAT HAUNT ME! (no, not me, just whoever put them together.. ) (some good...
Replies
Views
user123
U
S
Well firstly i would like to say greetings to all as i have not used this forum for ages. I have...
Replies
Views
silverbullit
S
T
There has been more major inventions came from the Scots than any other country in the World...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
C
Ok get comfy as I may or may not be about to rant/waffle/bore you. Over the years I’ve had...
Replies
Views
diamondtiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
The yobs are taking over the streets
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.