Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Tile Giant Advice..... in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

K

kevg

What size area are the floors? Is the ply the main substrate or has the ply been laid over an existing floor?

I've just been back to the house, it actually looks like its chipboard thats sitting down on top of possibly floor boards ?

IMG_0020.JPG

Room sizes are

En-suite 1 = 2.09m x 1.73m
En-suite 2 = 2.60m x 1.73m
Bathroom = 2.25m x 2.34m

S

Scott

Yes thats chipboard alright and its the older stuff too. Has it got wet anywhere that you can see? Normally outside the sower tray and down the side of the bath, under the basin pedestal and round the bottom of the toilet.
It swells when its wet and goes crumble, the same as weetabix.

It a bit of a mare to change it but it can be done, however if its not got wet then you can overboard it with either a cement backer board or ply. The choice of materil will depend on the amount of deflection in the floors. If there is deflection then you have the option of either overboarding with 15mm minimum ply or removing the chipboard and replacing it with a thicker ply. 18mm upwards.

The backer board option is only really going to work if the floors have no movement. However you can still add them over the ply to provide a more suitable surface for tiling. Of course all that will mean raising the height of the floor somewhat.

Reply to Tile Giant Advice..... in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I know it wasn't all of them but it must have been all the ones that were working well that got...
Replies
Views
P
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-on-mapei-renovation-screed.91864/post-964717 Hi...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile Giant Advice.....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond