Discuss Tiles bowing after fitment in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

I've tried 4 systems. The Australian ATR type, don't like them, too much time taken to construct them before use and they go in the corner of tiles so you can't see if the tiles are aligned perfectly, also not very strong, they break of premeturley far too often. I tried both the 2&3mm sizes and also the T type.
The Lash system I found to be too crude and bulky in comparison to similar type systems.
The Ramondi RLS I tried last week for the first time, couldn't wait to try them as so many members use them. They are very well made, good quality, but they do tend to move the adjoining tile and you constantly have to check that all is in line.
The system I've used the most is the Genesis, both versions. In my opinion this design of clamping tiles is much superior because there's no lateral pressure only vertical therefore no moving of adjoining tiles what so ever, a much more accurate way of working plus there's no tile depth limit restricting you and if your working with say a slate tile for example they can still work. My criticism of this system is that it's not quite as well made as the Ramondi system, the teeth on the pliers do wear out after a while and on the smaller top caps you will get small wastage when breaking them out the next day.
I've yet to try the Rubi system, but as it's the same technique as the Genesis system I'm sure it will be an excellent product, therefore for me it would come down to price and availability.
I'll post a pic of a floor I did using the RLS and the Genesis system together to see how the preformed in exactly the same conditions and tiles.

L

LM

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I

Italy

I've tried 4 systems. The Australian ATR type, don't like them, too much time taken to construct them before use and they go in the corner of tiles so you can't see if the tiles are aligned perfectly, also not very strong, they break of premeturley far too often. I tried both the 2&3mm sizes and also the T type.
The Lash system I found to be too crude and bulky in comparison to similar type systems.
The Ramondi RLS I tried last week for the first time, couldn't wait to try them as so many members use them. They are very well made, good quality, but they do tend to move the adjoining tile and you constantly have to check that all is in line.
The system I've used the most is the Genesis, both versions. In my opinion this design of clamping tiles is much superior because there's no lateral pressure only vertical therefore no moving of adjoining tiles what so ever, a much more accurate way of working plus there's no tile depth limit restricting you and if your working with say a slate tile for example they can still work. My criticism of this system is that it's not quite as well made as the Ramondi system, the teeth on the pliers do wear out after a while and on the smaller top caps you will get small wastage when breaking them out the next day.
I've yet to try the Rubi system, but as it's the same technique as the Genesis system I'm sure it will be an excellent product, therefore for me it would come down to price and availability.
I'll post a pic of a floor I did using the RLS and the Genesis system together to see how the preformed in exactly the same conditions and tiles.
ouch,
They are very well made, good quality, but they do tend to move the adjoining tile and you constantly have to check that all is in line.........
if you are not capable, it is logical that move.
You used the crosses?
how many mm?
the pliers, pulled in spurts, or sharp blow?
how many questions .... :p:p:p

L

LM

ouch,
They are very well made, good quality, but they do tend to move the adjoining tile and you constantly have to check that all is in line.........
if you are not capable, it is logical that move.
You used the crosses?
how many mm?
the pliers, pulled in spurts, or sharp blow?
how many questions .... :p:p:p
I tried the starter kit RA180KIT100
So it wasn't the crosses, it was the 1.5mm clips.
I found that one gentle squeeze of the pliers, which I had adjusted the stop depth on so as to not snap the clip, worked best for me, less jerking of the tile.
Have you tried the Genesis or Rubi type system Antonio?

I

Italy

I tried the starter kit RA180KIT100
So it wasn't the crosses, it was the 1.5mm clips.
I found that one gentle squeeze of the pliers, which I had adjusted the stop depth on so as to not snap the clip, worked best for me, less jerking of the tile.
Have you tried the Genesis or Rubi type system Antonio?
Have you tried the Genesis or Rubi type system Antonio? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
no compry lee

L

LM

Have you tried the Genesis or Rubi type system Antonio? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
no compry lee
54748-d73be7d1835f02ba0639157b63d04f61.jpg

You used the cross, from 2 mm !!!!!!!
what the reason, why the are moving
I used the standard 1.5mm and as you apply pressure through the pliers there is vertical movement, but also lateral pressure through the mechanics of the wedge sliding under the clip and through that friction sometimes the adjoining tile moves out of position.
Antonio I think if you tried either the Rubi or Genesis systems a man of your talent would appreciate the difference :)

I

Italy

I used the standard 1.5mm and as you apply pressure through the pliers there is vertical movement, but also lateral pressure through the mechanics of the wedge sliding under the clip and through that friction sometimes the adjoining tile moves out of position.
Antonio I think if you tried either the Rubi or Genesis systems a man of your talent would appreciate the difference :)
lateral movement is caused by the spacer of 2 mm, you have placed. +++++
rubi genesis and various crap. I do not hear, I'm deaf.
They cost much less raimondi in italy. that's enough, because my blood pressure rises:p

L

LM

lateral movement is caused by the spacer of 2 mm, you have placed. +++++
rubi genesis and various crap. I do not hear, I'm deaf.
They cost much less raimondi in italy. that's enough, because my blood pressure rises:p
The clip I used was 1.5mm, I'm no expert. Are they much different than the 2mm? I don't know, if so what have Ramondi done wrong :(
Are you a stakeholder in Ramondi lol, your loyalty to them is frightening ;)
But you still have to answer my question, have you tried any of these other two before? :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiles bowing after fitment in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB