Discuss Tiling a curved plinth in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

So do you think I should not use the tile backer boards ?
Isnt the schluter product for wet rooms as the dressing room isn't and the ensuite is...forgive me if I misunderstand the products correctly...
Use the tile backerboards as you described in your post over the ply. This will provide an inert surface for u to tile to. Then lay your u/floor heating mats. Then SLC over the top to create a solid load bearing surface to tile to. Then overlay with Ditra matting. Purpose of this is to protect your finished floor from any lateral movement. With u/floor heating the likely hood of lateral movement is increased because of the heat generated. The Ditra matting will help combat this. Go to Schluter systems web site and look up Ditra Matting. But Ditra Matting has a minimum tile size limit of 50x50mm.

kelvin

TF
Ok just looked at the schluter website as I was concerned about the overall heights and they do heating cable which goes into this mat so it will keep the heights down.

so just a recap if I use this system it will be.

25 mm ply floor screwed & glued.
tile backer boards glued & screwed.
ditra mat
Tank walls corner tape ect,ect
heating cable into mat.
tile floor
tile walls....

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Ditra heat-e matting is a vapour barrier, fleece backed, de-coupler and, in theory, tanking. If joints etc are taped.
It wouldnt hurt at all to put an insulation board under it. But schluter doesnt suggest that its required.
y5e7aga7.jpg

kelvin

TF
Kelvin are you after an internal or external corner? I did this internal corner in my own bathroom, just using a quick drying render by Ardex called AM100 just using a plate :).
View attachment 58731 View attachment 58732

sharon

Hi Sharon,
nice work ........ yes it was this type of curve I was considering to do in my shower.....
i like the idea of the internal corner and the lower floor to wall curve also but I'm interested to know how you finished the ends of the curves off?

Reply to Tiling a curved plinth in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, We have to lift a section of floor in the kitchen and would like to replace with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking for at least 1 Grespania Bretagne white but I will take more in both black and...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB