Discuss Tiling at bathroom door not level, causing threshold issues in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

Homeowner78

Hi

We are just near the end of getting our bathroom refurbed by a local plumber. The tiler he used did a good job overall, but left the threshold with a 7mm rise on the left had side versus the right. Now when the plumber tries to fit the threshold z-bar to the carpet, on one side it is flush and flat and the other side the carpet rises up to meet the tiles.

I raised it as a snag, but they said it was just because the floor was uneven and we should put extra felt under the left hand side to fill it out.

I need advise if this is acceptable or if the floor needs to be redone to make an even join.

5D602E31-1F5E-409E-815D-F3CC5F01E83C.jpeg 25583231-FCC5-4869-A4A2-B5C4F5F5228A.jpeg 7B5B8E93-1CDB-4784-B0D3-1C79D5DB07E7.jpeg F68B1BCD-6C9D-456F-B759-628F6C39E192.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling at bathroom door not level, causing threshold issues in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have previously bought a deep silver coloured threshold for carpet to engineered wood...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
Hi We've knocked through our kitchen and dining room and taken up old stone/porcelain tiles in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB