Discuss Today i received a cheque in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

From one of my currant customers :smilewinkgrin: always a nice thing to have , on opening it i see it was from coutts Bank ( very exclusive private bank in the strand London ) this is the bank used by the royal family ! and i believe you have to be invited to open an account ,and that you have to keep a million pounds on account at all times :yikes:, anyway this is about the fourth time in my working life i have been payed by couttts cheque , in 38 years, so i was just wondering how many other guys have received these cheques ! and how many, ? Private Banking - Coutts here is a link the there web-site :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

From one of my currant customers :smilewinkgrin: always a nice thing to have , on opening it i see it was from coutts Bank ( very exclusive private bank in the strand London ) this is the bank used by the royal family ! and i believe you have to be invited to open an account ,and that you have to keep a million pounds on account at all times :yikes:, anyway this is about the fourth time in my working life i have been payed by couttts cheque , in 38 years, so i was just wondering how many other guys have received these cheques ! and how many, ? Private Banking - Coutts here is a link the there web-site :thumbsup:

Is he a Sultan.a......must be nice to be able to raisin a cheque like that. :smilewinkgrin:

E

enduro

Got one today from a customer...she left a blank cheque with a note for me to fill it in as she couldnt remember how much the job was!! cheque 002.jpg

C

Concrete guy

Interesting article here on Private banks:- How to open a private bank account | This is Money

An old friend of mine worked at The Bank of England. Only staff could hold accounts there and overdrawing wasn't an option. It was quite something seeing a cheque with Bank of England written on it.

Like I said earlier. Coutts isn't what it used be, it's a brand of RBS/NatWest.

Any member of HM armed forces can hold an account there no matter what their income (that's a traditional service as the Queens Bankers).

For the top level of service they require investable assets of £500,000, but you can open an account with them with an income of £75,000 a year. The amount of service you get is directly related to the amount of cash you have, their are tiers of service.

They also offer student accounts if you have what they consider a promising future.

You can hold a business account once the turnover is at around £0.5 million a year.

The idea that you have to have £250,000 in the account at all times is nonsense. That's the amount of cash you need to keep in their if you don't want to pay bank charges. (£150 a quarter + transaction fees) .

There was a time when it was exclusive, but now it's more about image, it's like a brand or bling if you like. That's why there seem to be so many people on this forum receiving their cheques.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Today i received a cheque in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
Did a quote last night. When customer opened front door I was nearly knocked back with the...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
J
im sick of buying black or yellow buckets in that last only a week or two. I don't mind paying a...
Replies
Views
steve-tiler
S
T
Working for a supplier, we get a few issues with batch variation. The complaints we get nearly...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB