Discuss Top Tiling Tips for 2016? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
  • If you get the opportunity and you can afford it, buy a mixed pallet of Ardex SPF & Rapid. I attended a trade day at Tile Depot (aka CTD) and got buy 2 get 1 free. So I got a pallet load. They store it and I pick up when I need it.

• Attend trade days. You will walk away with some fantastic deals plus hats, T's, mugs, tape measures etc. Meet the sales people they are a good bunch of lads and lasses. If you are really lucky you might meet the world famous Lithofin Bob!

• I use microfiber cloths (the ones from Costco). I use them for wiping down and cleaning up after grouting i.e. I do not use a washboy or sponge. I find that cleanup time is vastly improved.

• Buy some leveling clips and wedges. Topps say they sell loads and loads of them.........yea.....I buy loads of them from Topps. I use them on 600x600's.

• Do not let your customer buy their own materials. Stick to the adhesives and grouts you know. You know their setting times and you know how to mix them to the right consistency.

T

Tile Shop

Advise the customer not to purchase cheap tiles (bowed) if they want brick bond!!

Not all cheapies are bent. Some expensive ones from manufacturers that really should know better can catch people out too. Seen one from porcelanosa and a couple from marazzi and settecento recently. Mostly wood effect but the occasional 60x30 and 90x45 pop up now and then.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Top Tiling Tips for 2016? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB