Discuss Topps Tiles Ergo Manual Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

compry?

image.jpeg

L

LM

Hi Marc, what Antonio is try ing to explain is that on the max series you push away from yourself to score the tile, then draw the handle back to about 10-15mm from the edge closest to the bar then lift the handle up and a spring mechanism will flick the breaker down then you break the tile the same way as you would with the traditional pull handle. with the klick klock its the same scoring procedure as the max but the handle has a hindge on it just above the main rail, which you then lift up and judge the breaking pressure yourself by pressing down on the tile after you've scored it, again 10-15mm from the edge.
Pull handle for speed
Klick klock handle slower but better at breaking tougher tiles (plus less sore on the wrist be cause of the reverse scoring act)
Max handle for the toughest of tiles, which its great for.

L

LM

Cheers @LEE MAC
So klick klock &!Max, two diff series?
Reason I asked was that u said klick klock for breaking tougher tiles and Max for breaking the toughest.
See, told u I got confused easily! Haha
Klick klock is different than the traditional pull and score in that you 'push' to score, much easier on the wrist on a tile thats hard to score, also the breaking action allows you to successfully break tougher tiles with more control. The max series is the same 'push' to score, but the cutting well is 19mm and on a pond bearing which allows for much easier scoring of rough textured tiles, the breaking foot is also 100mm wide so increases the pressure for the breaking of very hard tiles. Its much slower than pull and score, but can easily and consistently break tiles that the pull handle simply couldn't look at. the klick klock sort of falls in-between these two systems. hope that all make some sort of sense lol

S

Stef

I think the max handle is a lot quicker than any of the pull cutters.
I never ever got on with a pull cut machine & when I tried a max series I thought now that's the cutter for me.
I've never had the foot clog up on me but I keep my cutters clean & use wd40 silicone spray on them & they work as good as new.
I would say if you are used to using a Rubi then I would stick to a max series cutter.
A play about with them for a few days & you will ever look back.

I

Italy

Klick klock is different than the traditional pull and score in that you 'push' to score, much easier on the wrist on a tile thats hard to score, also the breaking action allows you to successfully break tougher tiles with more control. The max series is the same 'push' to score, but the cutting well is 19mm and on a pond bearing which allows for much easier scoring of rough textured tiles, the breaking foot is also 100mm wide so increases the pressure for the breaking of very hard tiles. Its much slower than pull and score, but can easily and consistently break tiles that the pull handle simply couldn't look at. the klick klock sort of falls in-between these two systems. hope that all make some sort of sense lol
alleluia....
good @LEE MAC :thumbsup::thumbsup:

O

Old Mod

I think the max handle is a lot quicker than any of the pull cutters.
I never ever got on with a pull cut machine & when I tried a max series I thought now that's the cutter for me.
I've never had the foot clog up on me but I keep my cutters clean & use wd40 silicone spray on them & they work as good as new.
I would say if you are used to using a Rubi then I would stick to a max series cutter.
A play about with them for a few days & you will ever look back.
Haha cheers Stef. :thumbsup:
Now I'm no better off cos that's what I'm using now and I am getting on with it! Haha
Oh well, dum de dum de dum! :D

E

ExplodingPudding

This has confirmed for me that you work for topps!

If you look at my first post, I said I did indeed work for Topps. My comment is pretty much repeating what we've been told by the manufacturer and seems to be a big problem with the "it shatters things" arguement. Not much on the clinker though. I think the 630 is still knocking about in a fair few vans!

T

Tile Shop

I'm tempted by a Sigma for my first proper cutter. I've only ever used the Ru..... the other one, for merchandising etc, and I can't get over the fact that so many rate Sigma over anything else. Just the pull to score, seems a bit of an alien concept to me. Could get the push but don't know what the advantages/disadvantages between the pull/push. Need to find someone who's got one and have a play me thinks :)

Reply to Topps Tiles Ergo Manual Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi all, would like some advice. I'm currently tiling an ensuite. I'm using 60 x 30 tiles. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB