Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps Tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbo

Hi Guys, just finished my tiling course which i really enjoyed. I'm going to stay in my old job whilst i do tiling evengings and weekends for the short term.
I went in to Topps Tiles the other day explaining that i had just completed my course and was looking to open a trade account with them. The guy behind the counter explained that they couldn't give me a trade account without being VAT registered, i'm not going to become VAT registered for the forseeable future because i'm only doing evenings and weekends. Just feel a bit stuck at the moment as i don't want to pay full retail price for all the products i buy from them..
Any advice would be great!
Thanks peeps.:thumbsup:

S

Steve W

Topps Tiles Trade Discount Card

Hi Robbo or anyone who this may concern.

I made a phone call this morning to Topps Tiles Barstaple and spoke to Phil the Manager!

He has said he will set up your Trade Card Robbo and that it might of been a misunderstanding as regards to VAT!

As above you only need your 2X invoices/Receipt with there VAT number on them and a Form of ID (Business Letterhead or Business Card)

Hope this helps you out Robbo.

Regards

Steve @ Topps:yes:

D

daj5451

Evening Fellas!

Robbo you dont have to be VAT registered to set up a Trade Discount Card with us!

All you need is 2X invoices/receipts from 2 separtate Building, Tile retailers/outlets i.e. B&Q, Travis Perkins and so on... with THERE VAT numbers and a letter head or some kind of identification to prove you are a Tiler/Trader rather than a DIY customer just wanting some discount.

Robbo just out of interest which store did you go to for a trade card, which doesnt make any difference because they should set you up if you have the relevant information above. Let us know.

If you need any help with this issue please do not hesitate to contact me or GAZ @ Topps.

Regards

Steve @ Topps:yes:
Hi steve,
i went to the edinburgh branch a while ago and was told the above as you have mentioned but was also told that i had also to have 3 large purcheses from Topp`s before head office would look at me getting a trade discount card!!!!!:furious3: Found the guy behind the counter a bit of a tosser with an attitude.I havent went back as use other tile shop`s but it is a bloody pest as the store is only 5min`s from house but hay.
Dunc

L

Leatherface

No disrespect to the guys on here who are from Topps -
But I have been into a couple of local Topps stores and found their adhesive, grout & trim prices etc to be too dear. Also did not like the smarmy attitude of the sales staff. Felt like they were doing me a favour letting me go into their shop.
A couple of the guys only looked about 17 years old and the manager strutted about like he owned the place.
Sure I just had a bad experience and don't wish to put anyone off, going to Topps if they wish. Personally I will avoid them ( and Al Murad ) like the Plague.

P

penno

A Topps i tried said they needed a VAT number to which i replied i wasnt VAT registered. Sighed and said there is nothing he can do. Spoke with Gaz on here who told me the bloke is talking crap so tried another Topps and explained my situation, just out of the Army, no other Trade accounts etc etc
His reply?

"Just bring in something like a bloody B and Q receipt showing you bought spacers or something and a business card and will sort you out no problems"
and he did.

When Screwfix started selling Rubis i went into Topps and said i would like a new Rubi but pointed at the promise of beating a price by 5%. Stood there for about 10 minutes while the lad serving me phoned around trying to get the Screwfix price. Lad who sorted my account came out from the back and asked how i was getting on with work etc etc then told the lad to beat the Screwfix price by 15%. Was well happy.

Took my Mother in law in Topps today to look at wooden flooring, once again great again, gave me full trade discount on the flooring.

Can't speak highly enough of my local Topps, tile place closer to me that i can get adhesives from slightly cheaper but i am happy to travel that extra mile or so and pay that extra one pound because of the great service and chat that i get from there.

Always going to get bad managers etc in any business but the one in my Topps really goes out of his way to help you as does his staff. 10 out of 10
:hurray:

P

penno

HI.Im also having probs getting trade account with Topps in Hull. They tell me I must produce Liability insurance to open one up.I have bought lots of things from them already.Seems strange when I hear that other tilers just need a couple of vat reciepts from other stores.

Bit strange wanting to see your insurance but if thats what he wants then just show it him mate.

Reply to Topps Tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond