Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps Tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbo

Hi Guys, just finished my tiling course which i really enjoyed. I'm going to stay in my old job whilst i do tiling evengings and weekends for the short term.
I went in to Topps Tiles the other day explaining that i had just completed my course and was looking to open a trade account with them. The guy behind the counter explained that they couldn't give me a trade account without being VAT registered, i'm not going to become VAT registered for the forseeable future because i'm only doing evenings and weekends. Just feel a bit stuck at the moment as i don't want to pay full retail price for all the products i buy from them..
Any advice would be great!
Thanks peeps.:thumbsup:

Q

quick draw macgraw

No disrespect to the guys on here who are from Topps -
But I have been into a couple of local Topps stores and found their adhesive, grout & trim prices etc to be too dear. Also did not like the smarmy attitude of the sales staff. Felt like they were doing me a favour letting me go into their shop.
A couple of the guys only looked about 17 years old and the manager strutted about like he owned the place.
Sure I just had a bad experience and don't wish to put anyone off, going to Topps if they wish. Personally I will avoid them ( and Al Murad ) like the Plague.

Obviously it all depends on the employee's as i could swop topps above for CTD with regards to smarmy attitude etc whilst the lads in local topps seem great for me. Just depends where the *rs*ho*e*s congregate.
Steve.

JCT

TF
Hi folks

I've also experienced difficulties getting a trade account at Topps. Was fist told I needed 2 invoices and a letter head but when I produced these was told the B&Q receipt was no good as it didn't have a VAT number. Then when inquiring at another of their stores was told I need to do 3 discount purchases from them before I would get an account as the trade account set up had changed. The thing is the 3 discount purchases would mean only getting a 10-15% discount which would make no sense for me to do as I get a 30% discount at tile it all and also get my adhesives really cheap. Being honest I find some of their staff have a bit of an attitude so I gave up on them

It's a shame really as I would really like an account with them as they have a far superior range of adhesive and grouts etc. Tile it all don't even sell SLC add mix or rubi wheels which is a pain. They are also missing out as 90% of my customers I send to tile it all and both stores are a similar distance from my home which is were I do most of my work

Any help from the Topps guys would be greatly appreciated. The stores I've dealt with have been Falkirk and a few of their Glasgow stores

Thanks

John

S

Steve W

Hi Guy's,

1st off Robbo! No Problem! Anytime!

As me and Gaz have explained all you need is the details we have stated and nothing else! It took me 5 mins of my time to explain this to the Manager @ Topps Tiles Barnstaple regarding the issue of this thread and Robbo was set up in no time!

Get in contact with any problems regarding setting up your trade card and we will be more than happy to help!

Regards

Steve @ Topps:yes:

U

Ultimate Tiling

Got to say i've been into Topps in Chesterfield and found them to be very helpful.
The manager and a salesgirl setup my account and gave me a card with just two recipts and a business card no hassle at all.
I was shown around the store, given a few example trade prices, and even wished me look in my new venture.

Sound like some of topps branches should take a leaf out of Chesterfield's book!!:thumbsup:

J

Jv40

Hi Guys

I tried to open an account with Topps Canterbury last year and the manager told me I needed to spend a minimum GBP1,000 with them before I could have a trade account. [Head banging against a wall - haven't got the hang of the smilie faces yet!]

I was preparing for my first job and had been wanting to use BAL as that is what I trained with. Anyway I then walked into Tile Magic in Canterbury and with just my business card & letterhead they gave me an account. Tile Magic don't offer much choice with adhesives but in Canterbury & in Folkestone the staff have always been really helpful and ready with advice. Cheers Julia

Reply to Topps Tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond