Discuss Transit Nightmare in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Well after not being able to open bonnet i stopped at a garage this morning and they told me i definately need a new gear box. Sod that i thought so i drilled the lock and had a look and discovered that one of the gear selector cables had popped off the ball joint so i pushed it back on and i had all gears again, a bit of sitting there changing gear to check it was still okay it wouldn't change out of 4th again so i had a look under the bonnet and the cable had come loose again. Quick look on google and the cables are less than 80 quid a pair so that should be that sorted soon enough!!
Where's Dom and Melinda doing a story on cowboy garages??

T

trevortine

Well after not being able to open bonnet i stopped at a garage this morning and they told me i definately need a new gear box. Sod that i thought so i drilled the lock and had a look and discovered that one of the gear selector cables had popped off the ball joint so i pushed it back on and i had all gears again, a bit of sitting there changing gear to check it was still okay it wouldn't change out of 4th again so i had a look under the bonnet and the cable had come loose again. Quick look on google and the cables are less than 80 quid a pair so that should be that sorted soon enough!!
When you change them remember to lube the selector shaft!

A

AMtek

How easy was the bonnet lock to drill out? The reason I ask is my mates won't open and he needs to put screen wash in!

To be honest Bri i didn't have a clue what i was doing so i just kept drilling bigger and deeper holes and trying to turn it with a screw driver! eventually i got a big screw driver, bashed it in the hole with a hammer and turned it both ways as hard as i could and it popped open. I put it down to luck!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Transit Nightmare in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
R
Hi all - greeting from Sweden. I'm working on a project right now - rebuilding my "uteroom" -...
Replies
Views
Uheat - Keith
U
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB