UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss TX-700 or 900? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

quackfly

Right. After a failed love affair with my Big Clinker, it was just too rough with some very thin 600x600 porcelain, kept breaking the corners, I'm going back to my first love, Rubi! lol the question is should i go for the TX-700 or spend the extra few quid and go for the 900? to date the largest tile ive fitted is 600x600 but with tiles getting bigger the way I see it is the 900 gives me more options. What do you guys think? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

A

Aston

id definately get the rubi tx700!
dont bother with the 900, miss that one out and get a 1200 cutter because that gives you all your options back down tot the 700 in one cutter and tbo large formats are becoming more and more popular so be efficient with you money!

anyway, its a bad enough lugging a tx700 around as it is, id hate to be using a tx900 on 60x60's day in day out!
also, i like rubi too but after the tx700 it would be sigma 100% for me. so eventually buy a sigma 3ek or max when the pennies or the job allow!! on a good day you can get one for £449 from toolventure or push diatech hard ;0)

ed

A

Aston

i agree mate but you take a bit more time when you are cutting really large format and the vision of the line issue isnt the big deal some people make so the sigma would be the one id trust more to do the business!! ;0)

i'll be honest, imo sigma are better built, lighter, more functional and are designed to cut porcelain more effectively but i dont like using them, i just cant enjoy using one in the way i do a rubi...the best analogy i can give is..its a bit like having a lamborghini murceliago but its left had drive!! give me a right hand drive bmw m5 and that'll do lol

its all individual mate, if you like rubi, stick with them. i really like the tx700 but i would defo give the tx1200 a miss thats all i'm saying.

watch this vid below...its tongue in cheek and gary and ray are just havin a bit of fun but you will notice even from this video that there are certain advantages that the sigma has over that aircraft carrier lol ;0)

[video=youtube;mkrwzmRaHX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkrwzmRaHX8[/video]

A

Aston

what i meant was..get the tx700 now and use that for the most of you tiling. when the phone goes and you get a job for say 800x800's dont buy the 900 cutter, give that a miss and go for the 1200 because then when the phone goes again and the customer says can you fit 1200 long porcelain, you will be glad you wont have to go out and buy another cutter...the 1200 will give more value for your money....more scope from one cutter, saving money!!

as for do i have a lambo murceliago or bmw m5????....i'm a plasterer and a tiler not a bleedin plumber ;0)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to TX-700 or 900? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Hi everyone, I have been doing a lot of the wooden floor effect tiles lately and decided to...
Replies
Views
ruairi mac
R
P
Thinking of investing in the Rubi TX-900-N for a lge form job I mentioned previously - Anyone...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
K
Morning all, I guess this is something which is continually going to be discussed but I'd like...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
M
Hello. I joined this site a few months ago whilst looking for some info on a tiling course but...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.