Discuss wasted day in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dave l and l

commuting 56 mile one way to work for a large contractor
small 100 x200 johnsons presmatics tile going up brick bond .50 m2 for phase 1
managed to tile two rows and noticed all the tiles were bowed in middle. it has took four different guys 8 hours to decide that they need to have a meeting about the tiles and decide what way they want to put them up. if i had much hair i think i would have pulled it all out,
anyone else had this bother with these tiles

B

bugs183

To be fair, i've been back on some commercial jobs lately and experienced similar faffing, i really enjoyed driving 120 miles from North Wales Saturday night, to get up at 6 to be on the job first thing Sunday, only to be told the job wasn't ready...
Similarly primed to shout i was told no problems, you've done your bit, we'll pay you for your time.
It does look like some sites are being understanding.

D

dave l and l

yeah confirmed to be back on monday, not sure how they are wanting the tile put up mind you
lot of driving next week 100 mile round trip at start of week then driving then a 500 mile round trip to tile 2 kitchen splash backs for a builder i work with sometimes, seems ridiculous to travel that far for a wee job when he could have easily got someone down there
usually work locally about 5 mile

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to wasted day in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
well have been asked to test fixing to wet under floor heating pipe system with porcel thin so...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
Just wanted to say a big thank you to the schluter systems guys who put on another really good...
Replies
Views
S
D
Today drove all the way to glostershire to find the outdoor pool un-coverd...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
I've had a fantastic day trying to rectify one of my bosses better balls-ups. He's swanned off...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB