UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What a rough as job.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Well, what can i say.. i recommended Timeless john to do this this re-tile.. got an email yesterday to say that all tiles are up and she has chosen a tiler to do the job who did her son's bathroom.. and i know him..

to tell it as it is.. he is ruff as hell.. he knows naff all about anhydrite screeds and intends to (informed by CTD lads) lay Dural CI++ loose on the floor and then SLC over it to hold it down... then tile onto that.. FFS do people never learn.. i am so pee'd off that i spent time to go and see the job and then do a report and recommend a bloody cracking tiler , too be told she is employing another cowboy ruff *** git.. i was going to tell her this tiler is bad but then i thought ********.. leave them too it.. i have tried..and was ignored..

I refer to my quote in a previous thread. The tiler is not always to blame. They can talk a good game but ultimately they are employed by the customer, and if the customer wants a cheap job that's what they'll get. If they don't get references, etc then they only have themselves to blame.

I don't understand why after you went to see them Dave, and provided a report, I'm guessing FOC, and you didn't even punt for the job, that they realised you were genuine and wanted them to have a good job done after the first shocker. These people really do need their bumps feeling sometimes.:mad2:

S

strummerman

Well, what can i say.. i recommended Timeless john to do this this re-tile.. got an email yesterday to say that all tiles are up and she has chosen a tiler to do the job who did her son's bathroom.. and i know him..

to tell it as it is.. he is ruff as hell.. he knows naff all about anhydrite screeds and intends to (informed by CTD lads) lay Dural CI++ loose on the floor and then SLC over it to hold it down... then tile onto that.. FFS do people never learn.. i am so pee'd off that i spent time to go and see the job and then do a report and recommend a bloody cracking tiler , too be told she is employing another cowboy ruff *** git.. i was going to tell her this tiler is bad but then i thought ********.. leave them too it.. i have tried..and was ignored..
ive seen this tilers work other day how rough is he :yikes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What a rough as job.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
We have had a tile tile a bathroom and an ensuite and are not happy with the overall finish of...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All, I’ve just had 2 rooms tiled with oak effect ceramics and I feel a little disappointed...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
To tiling contractors that hire tilers, where do you advertise to find tilers to fill the rolls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.