Discuss what mountain bike?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

i am after a bike for me and the wife...we have been trying to get out more with the kids and after enduros vid clip of danny macaskills, trial / street bike adventures, i am hooked lol..

we will be using it for days out and for beginners trails etc..i have done a bit of research and realised that can be quite expensive :thumbsdown: upto to £3K!!!!! for a full suspension bike :yikes: i have about £1k to spend on 2 bikes, so what would you people in the know recommend???

is the halfords brands of carrera worth looking at??
i have heard of trek, mongoose, marin but any others??

i know dan, enduro and joe hillhead ride bikes so all opinions and advice appreciated before i part with the cash..

cheers
ed

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

full suspension is only worth it if you're throwing yourself down hillsides and through rugged terrain. if you're just pootling along flat cycleways with a full suspension bike, you'll be pedaling harder and putting more effort in because the suspension is eating up your momentum. i'd go for a hardtail bike with front suspension. my next bike will probably be a Specialized as I know a lad who works in our local bike shop and he thinks they are quality bikes for leisure cyclists.

have you got independent cycle shops near your Ed? you'll find their advice a lot more impartial than a big chain like Halfords, and then when you've sussed out what you're looking for, go bargain hunting for the right bike :D

A

Aston

yeah, i just thought id be doing what you are doing doug, then, the guys in the shop start saying...are you gonna do any off road riding?? i say, well, maybe, errr yes. i'd like the options of doing some trails around north wales etc on more adventurous days out,...the guys in the shop say, 'well you;''ll need disc brakes, no!!, hydraulic disc brakes bla bla bla etc etc £££££££££££... where do you draw the line between a decent bike and not getting caught up in the mountain bike version of rubi and sigma lol

D

DHTiling

Try one of these for the whole family..:lol:

LS-Triple.jpg

H

hillhead

Ed.my current bike was second hand. I have a post on here somewhere about it. The guy paid 999 quid 2 years ago then ripped it apart and rebuilt with over a grands worth of superb parts. I paid him 500 quid! Mine is a saracen zen2 custom built. Superb hardtail for me till i buy a full sus. My advice ed is buy second hand on ebay etc and pick up a bargain. If your going to do the trail centres etc then hydraulic brakes is a must in my opinion.some great deals on 09 hardtails and this years as the new 2011 bikes are in.let me know what you pick ed and ill say yes or no.ill send you a pic of my bike now.

Reply to what mountain bike?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

S
what are the current rules on learning to ride a motor bike ?I did my CBT back in 2006 but I am...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
E
Well i met up with a few mates this morning to go on a 30 mile cycle ride...well my old mountain...
2 3
Replies
Views
enduro
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what mountain bike??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.