Discuss what mountain bike?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd guess you want a cross country style bike. Perhaps a hard tail because full suspensions that are not in the thousands will often bounce on you as you ride up hill which means you use a lot more energy than you would with a hard tail. Even with lock-out on suspension they can still bounce a bit if it's a cheap full suspension.

Got for a second hand Specialized hard tail off ebay or your local rag. Anything of them should be fine providing the size is right and it's been looked after. You should get one a couple of years old with disc brakes and decent gearing for anything between £200 - £500.

I wouldn't get anything downhill, or trials (like that Danny guy you've been watching) as they're unique to what they're used for. Trials have no free wheeling (so you can pedal backwards or use the pedals to stall or hold a wheelie rather than using the rear brake) and downhill have a single front cog like a trials but bigger, so only 6,7 or 8 gears instead of 15,18,21 or whatever which is what you'd need for general trekking around.

I'm not brilliant on makes to be honest, lost touch a fair bit, but I bet there are a bunch of similar ones to the specialized.

E

enduro

Got this one from Halfords...Do 30 miles most sundays on it and its great...Cost £220.00 Carrera 001.jpg

D

DHTiling

well after 2 months of trawling around, finally got the 2 bikes!!

the wifes....... giant talon 2 w 2010 model £409-00p reduced from £550-00p
mine .............Marin B17 2010 model for £699-00p originally £999-00p

so slightly over budget but all in all got what i need..
cheers for al the advice on this, theres more to consider than i origionally thought!!
ed

Pics..?

Reply to what mountain bike?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

S
what are the current rules on learning to ride a motor bike ?I did my CBT back in 2006 but I am...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
E
Well i met up with a few mates this morning to go on a 30 mile cycle ride...well my old mountain...
2 3
Replies
Views
enduro
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what mountain bike??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.