UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss what van do you drive and how is it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

I'm on my second Citroen dispatch and they are a great van, will get the new shape soon.
Mmm as above the Vivaro debute is very mixed, same as the Renaults. My mate spent £7000 on a mint Vivaro, then spent another £5000 putting a new engine in it as all the injectors kept breaking, plus numerous other major niggles, another mate of mine is a Vauxhall mechanic and he says they are simply 'Rubbish", but there are loats of happy Vivaro drivers too, i comes down to each individual van really.
Lots of my mates have Transporters turned into campers and they all say they are fab.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stef

I have an 08 Primastar, great van had it 2 n a half years & the only problem ive had is i just replaced the top mount on the strut, they are bad for this over 60k.

I changing to either a Vivaro/Primastar/Trafic lwb, preferably a Trafic Sport as there are a bit less of them on the road.

Joe, if you keep having trouble with an EGR valve then get that engine nice & warm & get that thing onto the red line in 3rd & 4th n hold it there to get it to blow the soot out the back. The EGR valve went on my Mondeo ST & the most common problem is because its a diesel then you tend to change up the gears earlier because of the torque.

I red line the car & the van every couple of months, You will be shocked at times the amount of Reek you will produce.

I have a 05 vivaro and have replaced power steering, egr , turbo , belts , clutch , I can't even remember them all to be honest and it's still not right it starts first time but sometimes it takes a few seconds for the revs to catch( it won't rev) I have had about 4 mechanics look at it and they've all said there not sure could be this could be that but it hasnt got any worse so I've sort of got used it but as people have said I suppose you get good ones the vivaro, primastar and traffic are all French Renault engines but to look at they are the best I have heard the newer shape have better engines mine started having problems around 65/70k miles

Reply to what van do you drive and how is it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
We have had a tile tile a bathroom and an ensuite and are not happy with the overall finish of...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
So the vans packed for tiling a kitchen with the finest cots world tiles from Ctd tomorrow, now...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.