Discuss what would you do if confronted with this? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sibhs85

turned up to tile a floor at a customers house and was greeted to this!!

I walked!!

View attachment 93412
Please help me. Had my wet room tiled and they've done what's supposedly called an envelope cut but it isn't very aesthetically pleasing and other cuts like that when googled look a lot more symmetrical. Can you give me advice on this? Is it done wrong?

IMG_0516.JPG

I

Italy

Please help me. Had my wet room tiled and they've done what's supposedly called an envelope cut but it isn't very aesthetically pleasing and other cuts like that when googled look a lot more symmetrical. Can you give me advice on this? Is it done wrong?

View attachment 93426
yeah!!!!
this photo is missing from my collection.
sad, very sad o_Oo_Oo_O

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I've had to clear away breakfast items in the past. i.e. the table, chairs, bowls and cups.......then sweep up the cornflakes off the floor before I could start tiling it.

Bathrooms are always full of tooth brushes and shampoo's etc. It's like I've just tured up out of the blue to tile their rooms.

What's the problem with tiles being in the garage? If you turn up with them in your van do they get in the house by themselves?
Never seen tiles with legs actually,when i give a price for a job it is to do the tiling not to spend a few hours carrying them from the garage,i dont supply tiles anymore so i dont think ill have a problem getting them in from the van,dont mind helping anybody but believe the tiles should be where im working

S

Spare Tool

Never seen tiles with legs actually,when i give a price for a job it is to do the tiling not to spend a few hours carrying them from the garage,i dont supply tiles anymore so i dont think ill have a problem getting them in from the van,dont mind helping anybody but believe the tiles should be where im working
A few hours?? Unloaded 30 odd sqm today from a van and carried them in to room in 15 minutes...what you doing carrying them one at a time??

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
What's the problem with tiles being in the garage? If you turn up with them in your van do they get in the house by themselves?
If the tiles are in my van then I have a mark up on them which allows me the time and cost to off load them.

Humping 18m of 600 x 300 porcelain tiles from a garage to the upstairs bathroom is no joke for a 51 year old with bad knees and back !!
Had to hump this lot from the garage to the bathroom today....
IMG_20170911_120434.jpg

He went to work before I got there so couldn't reprimand him :mad:

Reply to what would you do if confronted with this? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Optimistic
Walked into our condo in Orange Beach Alabama and found two tiles popped loose from the floor...
Replies
Views
henryalbert
H
Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Hello! I'm buying natural stone for floor in my house. Wife would like to do a French pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB