Discuss What's the best kind of induction hob? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Thanks to all those who helped with this post a few weeks ago, it's appreciated.
Solved the problem in the end without having to install another cooker point! :hurray:
Turns out a lot of Smeg ovens are 13amp rated, so with the money I saved (and the mess, redecorating and hassle!) from not having to install a new point I spent the extra money on the slightly more expensive Smeg brand. So new induction was wired direct to old point and new oven was plugged in the wall! Result!! :thumbsup:
1132ae21b2f3fb4e5609c661beb3ebe2.jpg

82f8b8f486efc6fb340f9be9a339b360.jpg

Thanks again all. [emoji106]

O

Old Mod

Did you do the tiling too Marc? [emoji12]

Haha u wish Sean! [emoji23]
But that's the good bit! When I had to put in a new piece of worktop to house the Hob I did my best to remove the old one without damaging the tiles, such as they are, because we're not due to replace the kitchen till the end of this year. We've only been here two yrs and the kitchen and bathroom will be last on list cos of the expense. So when cooker gave up I was forced to put in a new piece of hideous worktop too! Grrrrrr!
Leave tiling intact? Haha some chance!!!!
9d87bc03ccb1b654fd07fee15218b77d.jpg

fa3b95d72e3275ea1ea36ec17c736fb5.jpg

a663881f1a0e9937fea1733932482800.jpg

Primer........ I see no primer! ........only dusty plaster!
And those behind the cooker........ I pulled them off with my finger nails! Haha still that's hidden for now behind the new oven housing! [emoji322]

C

Colour Republic

Sorry missed this thread first time round

But oh NO SMEG!!:yikes: and that's coming from an Italian!!

TBF the spec verses price with Smeg is very good, an equivalent spec appliance in say Siemens would be double the price. The build quality can be very hit and miss, some are very well made, other models can be a bit rough around the edges.

Can I ask where you bought them? online or in-store? Smeg are known for having poor after sale care in the UK, so if something does go wrong they can drag their feet.

Sorry all sounds like doom and gloom, it's not as i'm sure there are 10's thousands of their appliances in the UK working very well without issue, it's just if they do go wrong you'll want to kill someone.

As I say for the price Smeg are very well spec'd. The other brand which is cheaper than it should be is Samsung, especially as they are just trying to enter the UK and gain market share (I'm talking about their ovens and hobs ect, not the fridges which already sell very well)

Look good though:thumbsup:

O

Old Mod

Can I ask where you bought them? online or in-store? Smeg are known for having poor after sale care in the UK, so if something does go wrong they can drag their feet.
Look good though:thumbsup:

Haha no worries, thanks for posting, any info is welcomed. However, won't be showing the wife! Haha
I bought them both from AO.com £800 for the oven £750 for the hob. As I mentioned determining factor for me was the fact that the ovens are rated @13amps which meant I could plug it straight in with no need for a new dedicated cooker
point, which would have cost a fair amount with location of the electrical services. Plus the hassle and redecoration. Thought it was better to spend the money on the appliance. They both work extremely well and they're pleasing to the eye so all in all I'm content. Oh and the oven preset functions cook better than the wife! Haha pyrolitic too so keeps her happy :smilewinkgrin:
I will keep in mind what u've said tho and keep a close eye on any hiccups that occur, thanks it's appreciated. :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What's the best kind of induction hob? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hello all, I seem to be in a dilemma with the tiler and tiling my bathroom. First of all...
Replies
Views
J
I’m looking to put quarry tiles down in the kitchen in the rear part of my victorian terraced...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all. First time poster here so thanks in advance for any help you can give and apologies if...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
D
Hi, Been lurking around the forum for the last couple of days and began to feel a bit...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB