Discuss Whats your opinion ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul

Hi Folks just came across this and wanted your opinion - The following is what somebody wrote as a review on the B and Q website about Aquapanel

I thought this was an alternative to plasterboard and a safe bet, instead of tanking a wet area you would use this or hardibacker instead am i right or wrong guys ?

Overall Rating:
rating.gif

4 out of 5

NOT waterproof
"Contrary to the existing review Aquapanel is NOT waterproof. It simply does not degrade when wet like plasterboard or wood sheeting will. It is very good as a surface to tile on but should not be taken as a substitute for proper tanking if used in a wetroom. I used it in my shower in place of proper tanking and have water coming through the ceiling every so often as a result. My fault not the manufacturer's. Its good stuff, just use it for the right purpose

P

Paul

Think this is where i got my answer from

Reboarding gives you a couple of advantages, if you are have a shower then you can use cement boards (aqua panel, hardi backer etc) in the wet areas which will avoid the need for tanking and the added advantage of being able to ensure that any uneven walls can be packed out and spaced to get them as flat as possible. That size tile will need the walls really flat, even more so if you are considering having them brick bond to avoid and lipping of the tiles.

Edit: Just seen your latest post. IS the mosaic the same thickness as the other tiles? From what you say about he skim and the weight issues it will be quicker and easier to reboard the room. Depending on your level of DIY/buidling. Its not that difficult by the way

Reply to Whats your opinion ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all. I'm doing a total refit of my bathroom, including the floor which is water damaged...
Replies
Views
O
It feels like there is a constant asking about the suitability of cement board in wet areas...
Replies
Views
RichBD
R
Hi guys and girls, Wanted to get a couple of opinions. I recently done a couple of bathroom...
2 3
Replies
Views
Ok here's the scenario. I have a shower in my attack en suite. I have retiled it twice. The...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Whats your opinion ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.