UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss which one would you do.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd do the boards I think and have a card slot in the corner. And perhaps to get around people thinking you've done all the boards, you'd just need to sort out the wording somehow. Depends on how much space you've got to play with but if it's enough I'd have something along the lines of "Display boards with the following trustmark have been tiled by Andy Allen, Tel:032032030303" and then have a small brass etched square thing on it with your name or logo on too. So then they look out for those boards.

Not sure if that needs more though :lol: - Doesn't sound right reading it back. But something like that should do.

If you had a card holder in the corner and a brass card sized plaque type thing with the wording on it in the other corner, that'd stand out from the others.

S

Stewart

I tiled the floor and the exterior of my main shop, but I don't have my cards on display. I only get recommended for the larger or more complicated jobs for clients willing to spend money. They have a tier system with all the tilers based on ability and price. As Rob has said, boards are normal badly tiled, so may be a good opportunity to get a step ahead of the rest and I would do them for free!

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

i have always been paid for tilling shop displays only charged cost but made lots of friends with the sales staff spent time getting to know them after all people recomend people . cards can lie about for years.when ever i was tilling a shop displays always picked up lotts of work from custormers comming in .allways had time to give sales staff advice .siad call me if you need advice .when they called i always got the job it pays to be helpfull:8:

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
I have done displays in both the local Topps and Tile Giant. Got at least one job from each whilst in there working - just talking to customers. Got more builders thinking they can tile asking "How do you...." type questions.
Had postcard size business card on several of the displays in Topps for a while before their Area Manager said they had to be removed because of their Approved Fitter service (of which I was one)

Reply to which one would you do.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.