Discuss Why are my emails all junk? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Hello all, I've been slightly worried recently about the lack of response from quotes sent by email and became concerned that they weren't being received so sent a test from my email that's in my signature to a hotmail account that I have, I found that it went into junk mail and have no idea why. This is obviously happening with mail that I am sending out to potential clients. Can anyone shed any light on why this may be happening and can it be fixed? Thanks Bri

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The chances are it is due to it being forwarded to your hotmail from another email account.

You may have marked one email as spam, but hotmail has thought hmmm, all these emails are coming from this email address forwarder.

You need to setup POP3 or IMAP email on your local machine (your computer) so you download ALL your email and have some good junk email management options etc.

If you only have your email address used with your domain name (so if you have no website) give me a shout and I'll host your email account for you so you get all your email scanned by an email spam scanner (doesn't stop all but most). And you'll receive your email to your PC.

If you have a website, then stop using a forwarder and start using webmail or download the email to some free email software. Let me know if you want some suggestions for free software.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
My problem isn't receiving Dan, it's what I'm sending seems to be going into peoples junk. Or did you know that and I got a bit lost? :lol:
Ahh, I see.

Are you sending them from your hotmail rather than your [email protected]?

Have you ever sent out loads of emails of exactly the same content? Sometimes that can get caught in hotmails spam filters which assume the account is being used to send unsolicited emails. Also including lots of links in emails can trip spam filters.

There's also a chance that the couple of customers who have had your emails stuck in their junk folders just have poor spam management software of some form. Or have their settings set to high.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Why are my emails all junk? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
C
I'm almost lost for words!!!!! Last weekend I went to see a potential customer about some...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
D
A quick hello from me! I did send a few emails to admin using the 'Contact Us' link at the...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Why are my emails all junk?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.