Discuss Why does life have to be a chore sometimes? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I know we all have bad weeks, but this has been epic. I am still living in a building site, and I think I am now into week 5...no lighting in the bathroom, half finished plastering in the back room, kitchen still waiting to be overboarded, I just want to scream, Im picking plaster dust out of my hair constantly and today I told them if they werent out by next Friday and finished then all their tools will be out on the street and Ive held all payments.

Ive had nothing but moaning whining clients, morons of site managers, and the lads complaining about wanting mapei adhesive instead of bal. I ended up in a massive fight with a site manager on Wednesday, because basically he is a useless piece of work, and a bully to boot...umm so I did put the boot in..well kind of...it got a bit ugly and I kicked the bucket of grout at him, it was the wrong thing to do...it missed him and it was a waste of a good mix. When youve been standing out in the rain for hours, you dont need to hear an idiot giving you an earful of crap.

Next week has to be better, it just cant be worse than this one. I hope!

Lynn

O

ozboz

Hi, know how you feel to some respect, for three weeks ive been trying to tell some not rights that you cannot fix 60 x 60 cm porc onto plaster board on walls that are 8m high !! , but hey ! The bean counter knows best ! Ive sent them specs from mapei and everything ! If not proper when i get to cardiff on wednesday, im. off !! Shame about your home project, i suppose most of us do our own so we dont. Have these probs, good luck anyway ! Hope you get sorted Pebbs ! Seeya Steve aka ozboz

Somerset
I hate whingers

I know we all have bad weeks, but this has been epic. I am still living in a building site (you could be living on the street), and I think I am now into week 5...no lighting in the bathroom (my parents used a candle when they first got married), half finished plastering in the back room (a photo from my wifes childhood shows their living room with cracked and disintegrating plaster), kitchen still waiting to be overboarded (depends on the priorities), I just want to scream, Im picking plaster dust out of my hair constantly and today I told them if they werent out by next Friday and finished then all their tools will be out on the street and Ive held all payments.

Ive had nothing but moaning whining clients (and you dont see it from the other side?), morons of site managers (you dont get to manage by being Mr/Mrs Popularity), and the lads complaining about wanting mapei adhesive instead of bal (whos employing who here?). I ended up in a massive fight with a site manager on Wednesday, because basically he is a useless piece of work (perhaps he is, but he still deserves respect), and a bully to boot (OK so just punch the guy to shut him up)...umm so I did put the boot in (attagirl !!)..well kind of... (um bottling?) it got a bit ugly and I kicked the bucket (MY GOD he killed you?) of grout (ah, just the materials died) at him, it was the wrong thing to do... (he's a bully) it missed him and it was a waste of a good mix (fair point). When youve been standing out in the rain for hours, you dont (rust) need to hear an idiot giving you an earful of crap (what?).

Next week has to be better, it just cant be worse than this one. I hope!

Lynn

:lol::lol::lol:
OK Lynn, I am being facetious here, as you probably guessed. Its definitely been a bad week for you, but sometimes you need to look at things from a different angle. Do your builders see you as you saw your clients? Maybe you had a point, but maybe so did the client.

As someone mentioned D-Reem, its true, "Things can only get better" but perhaps sometimes you need to know they could be a lot worse, and we are lucky to have those kind of problems - my grandparents generation were unable to even consider buying their own home, let alone improve it it. They had no electric, no gas, and got water from a well. The toilet was a hole in the ground in a shack halfway down the garden. And they thought they were lucky (apologies Monty Python).

So start the week thinking you just had a good week, and its gonna be brilliant this week. :smilewinkgrin:

D

Deleted member 1779

I just got my maplin catalogue with my News of the world pack today and on page 15 they are promoting a SAD light box.

a20hw.jpg

Maybe everyone needs one of these to cheer themselves up in the winter...

Light Box can cheer us all up

Reply to Why does life have to be a chore sometimes? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
2 3
Replies
Views
C
Hi guys, just a little note to let you know my story. (Sorry if it bores you). I was in the...
2 3
Replies
Views
MW Smith Ceramics
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Why does life have to be a chore sometimes?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.