Discuss Why does life have to be a chore sometimes? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tenchman

I'm zipping through posts i've missed. reason i'm on today finished a small job the other dayand now back to updating my database.
Lynn i know you had a bad time recently but how about this.

a former friend of some 20 years -architect. i had my website with a Liverpool firm who got us strated via a grant back in 1992. some years down the line mate changes work more to computer stuff. i change hosts to help.

years later turns into a complete loony starts removing e-mails which is easy as they go through his server, tells lies etc etc including letting it be known i've died. ( i had a heart attack 3 years ago caused by a work injury so that was believable)

This deleting etc is going unknown to me plus getting bugs in pc. =him again. because i had time off i had a back log plus people had private e-mail etc. it is over 18 months before i find out the fool is doing this to me.

I get one domain back inside a day or so the other two he had servers in Canada, who turned out to be real lousy scum instead of a minimum turn around of 5 days it takes me 9 months to get my two main domains back.

by now lots of organisations i have worked for over the last 38 years have now archived me as i'm either dead or retired due to ill health according to info they had off him.
Got everything moved to a temp host in late summer last year, temp host got knocked down by a motorbike ( i can see some of you grinning !! i know it is like a tragi-comedy) she is chinese so she buggers off to china to get better. leaving me with no access to my website.

finally get it all changed over with loads of hassle in early Feb this year, i have control of my website but haven't put the dozens of pics etc up as yet as i'm in the middle of sending almost a thousand letters out to both update my customer database & extend it.

Which is what i'll be doing rest of today. so if you think it is bad you want to speak to someone who is in tears cos they have held a mass for you.

or speak to someone who thought you were dead!!

I'm sure it will all right itself and i'm happy in a perverse way because i found out why some people never sent work to me anymore. it also explains why the vast amount of my work was coming through my personal e-mail as the e-mail via my site was corrupted.

ended up causing lot's of problems for me, i had to bin my hard drive as it was corrupted as well.
cost more than a grand in ink/cd discs/letter stuff/paper/stamps.
but i should have a brilliant extended database when i finish.

that is hopefully the silver lining in massive big cloud and one reason why i wasn't on forum i was either working away or working on getting this sorted.

So Lynn it may have been bad but it wasn't as bad as that was it ?

there is always someone worse off.

T

Tenchman

Ha Ha i wish, but thanks for the philosophical push ! i only have about 150 letters left to write but as a bonus cos i love typing so much ( that is sarcasm for those literal people) i have been asked to write some articles !!
pity i only use two fingers typing:prrr:

I will reach a tipping point where all this catching up pans's out i curse myself for being so naive & trusting on some stuff, however it stops you from becoming an absolute paranoid git if you can still think some people are worth knowing and i have have had some great feedback & support from members here on the forum both private messages & public.

Cheers G

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
I just got my maplin catalogue with my News of the world pack today and on page 15 they are promoting a SAD light box.

a20hw.jpg

Maybe everyone needs one of these to cheer themselves up in the winter...

Light Box can cheer us all up

never tried one but i think im someone who needs to try this out,,they are about 150 quid i think i get that doom n gloom feeling right through winter...which is 11 months out of 12 up here lolol

Reply to Why does life have to be a chore sometimes? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
2 3
Replies
Views
C
Hi guys, just a little note to let you know my story. (Sorry if it bores you). I was in the...
2 3
Replies
Views
MW Smith Ceramics
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Why does life have to be a chore sometimes?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.