UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss William De Morgan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I have just finished this week a Bastille floor for a gentleman who is a big collector of old tiles from encaustics/minton and he has a lot of William De Morgan tiles..

Some of the tiles he has are really beautiful and a lot of work has gone into the hand making of them..

Christopher Stolbert Robinson the gent in question , also has a large collection of old church encaustics etc and edwardian/victorian etc tiles.. so any of you restoration lads require certain tiles then i can pass you onto Chris...

Chris and his collector friend Rob Higgins have written a book of William De Morgan tiles and his life etc in the world of making tiles..

Chris gave me a copy as a thank you for tiling his floor... well worth a read for all tilers IMO...

So get a copy and be blown away at the work that went into fire place tiles and others that william designed etc... i won't tell you too much as the book is well worth a read.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/William-Library-Christopher-Sstolbert-Robinson/dp/0747807388

I have asked chris to join the forum and post pics of his collection.... you will be amazed at them..

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
D

DHTiling

The De Morgan Centre purchased this spectacular galleon panel at auction on the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2006 (Sotheby’s Lot No.6) with the generous assistance of The Heritage Lottery Fund, The Art Fund and Mr John Scott.
i wonder how much they paid ?..........

I was told that a 3 tile panel went for £15,000 , so for that one then probs megga bucks...

William de morgan was more towards the south , so that is where most tiles will be found... big houses that had fire places etc would more than likely been his

H

hutchinsons

img044 DONE.jpg h11.jpg h10 DONE.jpg

Attachments

• img075 DONE.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 22
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to William De Morgan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
A
Hi guys Just a quick update on phil for you all. He's out of hospital now and in a new...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
A collection of over one thousand tiles and three hundred tile panels of outstanding quality and...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.